McNally threads?

Corp000085

Too bad the board has had server problems recently. Maybe later, when i'm fully awake, i'll attempt to do a search and count all the Mcnally=God threads from about january till august. This offensive line has been consistantly bad since 1994. That covers 3 full coaching staffs and is currently on its 4th. I just don't get it.

Here's one for you:

GOD BLESS JIM McNALLY

Remember it's still pre-season. :doh:

10662[/snapback]

I will say this the o-line still did not look good but what I liked about McNally is that he was coaching his ass off out there. I see him gather the entire until an bring out the pics from above. I watched him explain things over and over. He was constantly teaching and coaching. The guys needs a few players out there to help but the guy is giving a whole lot of effort to explain things. I am very impressed with that. The other positive I noticed was how the entire staff was focused on teaching and coaching. I loved that. Williams would talk about the teachers he would have on staff. Mularkey's staff does it instead of talk it.

Last positive was just how impressed i am with Lee Evans. This guy is going to be very good.

Three things to point out here...

1. It's only pre-season and the OL has been crippled by injuries and unexcused absences throughout training camp. I don't think our starting 5 OL have been on the practice field together for more than a couple of practices.

2. You need a fair amount of talent to succeed. You can't turn garbage into gold. Ask the NYG who tried to go on the cheap by not using high draft picks on the OL over the course of several years.

3. McNally is one of the most respected OL coaches in the NFL and deserves the recognition he is receiving on TSW.

I don't think McNally is God, just a good coach. Teague has improved. Smith is an upgrade over Pucillo. Chris V. is better than Ruben. M. Williams is coming around. Jennings and Price are healing. I just want them to be average overall, with their strength being run blocking.

I'm realistic about how good they are. Crying a river accomplishes nothing. Hand the ball to Henry and stick to the plan.

Are you being serious here?  What did Evans do that was so good?  I'd like to hear ANYTHING good on him, because IMHO he has been a disappointment so far.

11131[/snapback]

Okay, I KNOW this sounds like a freaking broken record....BUT

How can you possibly say a rookie WR has been a dissapoitment after 3 pre-season games. It's insane....even when you put the "so far" at the end.

The only way Evans could be a dissapointment is if he caught a pass and ran it back the wrong way to other teams endzone....TWICE!

Too bad the board has had server problems recently. Maybe later, when i'm fully awake, i'll attempt to do a search and count all the Mcnally=God threads from about january till august. This offensive line has been consistantly bad since 1994. That covers 3 full coaching staffs and is currently on its 4th. I just don't get it.

The answer lies in the draft. We have drafted exactly TWO first round OL's since House Ballard and W. Woolford departed. One of them WAS a 9year starter-at GUARD. The other is a 3rd year man that is to this point a bust. That does not cut it in the NFL these days. You need bookend tackles, and your guards can come from the middle rounds. It is obvious that the Bills have not placed a premium on building the Oline, and it shows. We have not drafted a true Center in rounds 1-4 since approximately the beginning of time. The demise of our Oline began with the start of free agency and the drafting of Fina. He was a true guard and we started him out of position his whole career. We try to throw crap out there at the T position, but you can't polish a turd. Our lack of attention to these positions in the draft has sealed our fate. Until this organization wakes up and realizes that the great Bills teams of the 90's were built around the OL, we're -dare I say-billsfanone to mediocrity. B)

Too bad the board has had server problems recently.  Maybe later, when i'm fully awake, i'll attempt to do a search and count all the Mcnally=God threads from about january till august.  This offensive line has been consistantly bad since 1994.  That covers 3 full coaching staffs and is currently on its 4th.  I just don't get it.

10660[/snapback]

Are you the BrazilianScumbag????

Same post here

BUT

How can you possibly say a rookie WR has been a dissapoitment after 3 pre-season games. 

11181[/snapback]

"a rookie WR has been a dissapointment after 3 preseason games". That wasn't hard to say, it took little effort or thought at all.

:doh: I am constantly amazed at peoples expectations around here. While I'm optomistic (I still stand behind my 13-3 prediction :huh: ), I don't expect every player on this team to make the pro bowl.

It seems as though there are many people here who expect nothing less than perfection or the season is over before it even starts.

The sky is not falling because we lost a backup QB, or the backup to the backup QB. Milloys injury concerns me, the OL continues to concern me and the fact that our 1st string offense hasn't scored a TD concerns me. These are problems that can be overcome with teamwork, good coaching and a little good luck.

The glass is still half full people, not knocked over and spilling on the ground!

whoever brazilian was copied my original work...  trust me, i wrote it and i'm not brazilianwhatever.  Although whoever that was better watch out.  i'll break his kneecaps for not quoting the great Ken Corp.

11225[/snapback]

;):lol::doh: <<<>>> ;):):huh:

hey tom, its taken me about a year to make a name of myself here on the board...  at least now i know i have a following.  Maybe soon, i'll jump into jay and steve's league and have my name become a filter!

11230[/snapback]

Don't tell me you want to be referred to human waste????? :doh:

• 2 months later...
Guest BrazilianScumbag
whoever brazilian was copied my original work...  trust me, i wrote it and i'm not brazilianwhatever.  Although whoever that was better watch out.  i'll break his kneecaps for not quoting the great Ken Corp.

11225[/snapback]

i laugh at the remark.

jim mcnally is the best OLine coach the bills have had in YEARS. They look worse when they're protecting the sack leader in the NFL for the past three seasons. It's all tied together. It'll come together under losman.

Watch.