Give your kid a hug and kiss today

WotAGuy

I got a call late last night from a good friend who told me her only son had been killed in a car accident early Sunday morning in Horseheads, NY. Ryan Scherer was 18 years old and headed to St Bonaventure in the fall.

Although I only knew him for a short time, he made a wonderful impression on me. He was a funny, sweet, active and energetic kid. He had a lot of friends and the respect of the adults in his life.

My friend is a single Mom who raised him well, was involved and supportive of everything he did, and is now without the center of her world.

It is a very tragic thing, and makes me thankful my three daughters have made it safely to their early 20s. Give your kids a hug and please keep Ryan and his family in your prayers. Those wishing, may remember Ryan through memorials to the Soaring Capital Soccer Club (PO Box 390, Elmira, NY 14902) in his memory.

Thanks for letting me share this; I am dumbfounded over this and wanted to do something to help spread Ryan's memory.

Obit

I got a call late last night from a good friend who told me her only son had been killed in a car accident early Sunday morning in Horseheads, NY. Ryan Scherer was 17 years old and headed to St Bonaventure in the fall.

Although I only knew him for a short time, he made a wonderful impression on me. He was a funny, sweet, active and energetic kid. He had a lot of friends and the respect of the adults in his life.

My friend is a single Mom who raised him well, was involved and supportive of everything he did, and is now without the center of her world.

It is a very tragic thing, and makes me thankful my three daughters have made it safely to their early 20s. Give your kids a hug and please keep Ryan and his family in your prayers. Those wishing, may remember Ryan through memorials to the Soaring Capital Soccer Club (PO Box 390, Elmira, NY 14902) in his memory.

Thanks for letting me share this; I am dumbfounded over this and wanted to do something to help spread Ryan's memory.

Obit

Wow, that has got to suck. She probably feels all alone in her world now. Prayers are being done.