Nobody Talks About Fitz in this race, why not?

Fitz may be the least gifted QB in this pecking order physically, and his throws are not very accurate, but we played more competitive with him at the helm last year. He seems to be most respected among the group by his teammates, and may be the best leader. TO favored him much more than Trent, calling him a "veteran who has been around the league". TO may be washed up and egotistical, but he knows what winning takes, and he favored Fitz.

Watching games, it looked like Fitz knew where to go with the football and read defenses better than Trent. His throws wern't on the money too often, but he went downfield and took chances, not to mention hes not injury prone. They may have said brohm had a good OTA, and trent looks like "the most talented", but fitz is smart and tough, and Fewell went down the stretch with him last year when he was trying to win games, not Trent, and it wasn't even a discussion.

At this point, unless Gailey really sees potential in Brohm as a good QB and wants to develop him, I think its 40-40-20 in the Trent/Fitz/Brohm race.

too lazy to read the 4 pages. i'll agree a little.

compared to that scary weasel edwards, he was fresh air last year. i personally gave up on t.ed. so i'd take fitz.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and we won 4 out of 9 with him and only 2 out of 6 with Trent and 0 out of 1 from Brohm.

He had more than "one big play". I assume you mean the Bills record setting 98 yarder to TO? He also set the Bills record setting longest run from scrimmage for a TD by a QB at 31 yards. The TD pass to Lee in the first Jets game was big too.

Fitz didn't get sacked as much with a lesser line because he doesn't sit back there and pat the ball waiting for someone to get open. He can also move in the pocket.

I've read on here time after time that we know that Fitz can do but TE has more "potential". Why is that? TE has played in more games (34) than Fitz (29).

Based on what we've seen last year, Fitz is the best we got. Unless someone steps up in training camp, he should be the guy. Add to that that Coach Gailey likes mobile QBs and we're ready with Fitz.

I wish we had someone better, but really, he's the best we got.

i dont know jack about brom or brown. cant wait till preseason to really judge. (I WATCH FROM START TO FINISH). AS OF NOW, i would agree with you. fitz > trent.

Without looking, If I remember correctly Fitzy has now won 9 of his last 14 starts ( counting jets game) and while I don't think Fitzpatrick is the long term answer at the QB position, the team rallies around Fitz and he wins football games.

I'm all about Trent Edwards , but it wouldn't surprise me to much if Fitz surprises everyone and wins the start because all things considered, Ryan Fitzpatrick is a decent QB in my opinion with great wheels, plenty of smarts, and he has the biggest balls of the bunch.

Fitz is fearless plus he's a gamer and the players respect him for it.

nice.

Since the odds are 1/3 that Brohm will be the starter, you're safe in never being called out on an absolutely ridiculous statement.

I guarantee that if Brohm is named the starter, he won't get anywhere near those numbers. Projecting Pro Bowl numbers for a guy who has started one NFL game & stunk up the Georgia Dome in the process is insane.

There is one way you might be right-If you project the 10 games Brohm starts in the UFL to a 16 game season.

You're either Jeff Brohm or you've lost your mind.

I hear ya...but those would not get him to the Pro Bowl in the AFC even if he does produce those kinds of numbers.

And secondly, its not nearly as unrealistic as you think given Chans track record of what he has been able toget out of his past QB's, mostly QB's with very limited talent.

Like I said, I am no psychic, but I honestly think he has the potential to hit those numbers if he is the week ONE starter and starts the whole season. As I said, I think he will surprise some people...

Guest dog14787
I hear ya...but those would not get him to the Pro Bowl in the AFC even if he does produce those kinds of numbers.

And secondly, its not nearly as unrealistic as you think given Chans track record of what he has been able toget out of his past QB's, mostly QB's with very limited talent.

Like I said, I am no psychic, but I honestly think he has the potential to hit those numbers if he is the week ONE starter and starts the whole season. As I said, I think he will surprise some people...

Its been so long since we've had a competent OC/HC here in Buffalo its become almost impossible for some folks to believe we could actually have an offense that would produce decent numbers,

I really like our group of QB's (all of them) and I also believe Gailey can and will take any one of the three QB's and get good production,

I like thinking big, and why not, Brian Brohm has it within him to do great things,

I Billieve...