Time get get TO back for a reduced salary

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He would help and may have a little bit more to prove this year.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOLLOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOLLOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOLLOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL, :thumbsup:

trade marshawn for a fift rounder too, right?

Some of you guys are ridiculous. "I wouldn't take him for the league minimum", "I'm sick of seeing him short-arm passes", "This guy was completely useless".

Give me a break. Owens still gave us 6 touchdowns, nearly 1000 yards and put butts in seats despite us having some of the worst quarterbacks in the league! I realize these numbers aren't quite worth the money we paid, but put it in perspective. Lee Evans has had less productive and comparable seasons in the past and received a larger check for it, yet everybody here still loves the guy. Riddle me that.

If your reason for not wanting him back is because we don't want an old roster, then I'm fine with that. However, don't claim that you wouldn't want a 1st-ballot HOF Wide Out on our team because he "doesn't produce" when our second best receivers are STEVE JOHNSON and ROSCOE PARRISH, who have combined for 39 catches and 3 touchdowns in the last two seasons!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOLLOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL :thumbsup:

However, don't claim that you wouldn't want a 1st-ballot HOF Wide Out on our team because he "doesn't produce" when our second best receivers are STEVE JOHNSON and ROSCOE PARRISH, who have combined for 39 catches and 3 touchdowns in the last two seasons!

Here's a bulletin for you: Just because a player WAS good once doesn't make him a good player NOW. Players don't remain at HOF level forever and maybe Johnson or Parrish aren't as famous as T.O. but they are probably better WRs than he is in 2010. Learn to let go.

PTR

Here's a bulletin for you: Just because a player WAS good once doesn't make him a good player NOW. Players don't remain at HOF level forever and maybe Johnson or Parrish aren't as famous as T.O. but they are probably better WRs than he is in 2010. Learn to let go.

PTR

What are you saying, you wouldn't want Jerry Rice or Steve Largent either??? How about Crazy Legs Hirsch?

Anyone who isn't frightened by the Bills' WR corpse (sic) needs their head examined. I have as high hopes as the next guy, but none of the guys outside of Evans have proven anything. And TO led the Bills in receiving last year.

Anyone who isn't frightened by the Bills' WR corpse (sic) needs their head examined. I have as high hopes as the next guy, but none of the guys outside of Evans have proven anything. And TO led the Bills in receiving last year.

And you think adding a once-famous washed up player is the answer? I'll take my chances with who's on the roster.

PTR

last year, last year, last year. are you serious, how many wins did taking the double team off lee evans equate to? absolutely seven, however it did keep all the promising wrs off the field, making them all virtually unknowns today also retarding their development..........in effect last years signing of terrell owens set back the development of the Buffalo Bills as a TEAM.. :thumbsup:

And you think adding a once-famous washed up player is the answer? I'll take my chances with who's on the roster.

He was so washed-up, he caught 55 passes for 829 yards and scored 6 TD's to lead all Bills receivers last year, in one of the worst Bills offenses I can recall. The only thing he "proved" last year is that he can't throw the ball to himself.

last year, last year, last year. are you serious, how many wins did taking the double team off lee evans equate to? absolutely seven, however it did keep all the promising wrs off the field, making them all virtually unknowns today also retarding their development..........in effect last years signing of terrell owens set back the development of the Buffalo Bills as a TEAM.. :thumbsup:

Yeah, having a 2nd year player coming off an ACL injury and a 2nd year 7th round pick playing opposite Evans, with those QB's, really would have been a great offense to behold. :unsure:

He was so washed-up, he caught 55 passes for 829 yards and scored 6 TD's to lead all Bills receivers last year, in one of the worst Bills offenses I can recall. The only thing he "proved" last year is that he can't throw the ball to himself.

Most of those stats were racked up in garbage time. The T.O. I remember last year would not even try for a ball that wasn't dropped into his hands, dropped it half the time if it did hit him in the hands, wouldn't bother to break up an interception, and generally took plays off. Screw the stats. Look at the player. If this is the kind of WR you think makes a team better then you don't know much about football.

PTR

Most of those stats were racked up in garbage time. The T.O. I remember last year would not even try for a ball that wasn't dropped into his hands, dropped it half the time if it did hit him in the hands, wouldn't bother to break up an interception, and generally took plays off. Screw the stats. Look at the player. If this is the kind of WR you think makes a team better then you don't know much about football.

Considering the Bills' offense was garbage, period, sure most of his stats were in "garbage time." Too bad I'll require some proof of that statement, much less the other stuff. I didn't exactly see any other WR busting his ass out there last year.

Seems to fit the decision-makers stated agenda of getting younger.

True. I doubt they want him back and I doubt he wants to be back. So all we can hope for is that the younger WR's step up.

Yeah, having a 2nd year player coming off an ACL injury and a 2nd year 7th round pick playing opposite Evans, with those QB's, really would have been a great offense to behold. :thumbsup:

and what was it with the future HOFer? dynamic? :w00t:

Considering the Bills' offense was garbage, period, sure most of his stats were in "garbage time." Too bad I'll require some proof of that statement, much less the other stuff. I didn't exactly see any other WR busting his ass out there last year.

Here's proof:

First 9 games Owens had 1 TD receiving. One.

Against division rivals Owens had 1 TD.

This doesn't scream "clutch" to me. We already have plenty of receivers that can score once in ten games.

PTR

Here's proof:

First 9 games Owens had 1 TD receiving. One.

Against division rivals Owens had 1 TD.

This doesn't scream "clutch" to me. We already have plenty of receivers that can score once in ten games.

That's your proof? Hate to break it to you, but NO ONE scored much during the season. TO had 6 total TD's and Evans had 7 (2 were in a whipping at Tennessee). Again TO can't throw the ball to himself, or block for the QB, or design plays. And while he's not the same receiver he was even just 5 years ago, the WR corps would be much improved over what it is now.