Edwards hitting on the deep ball?

In one of the OTA highlights Brohm tossed a absolutely perfect end zone fade to Hardy. Edwards has hit strikes over the middle just none to remember from last season.

I think Chan will make a man of one of these boys...

A seven yard "strike" to josh reed on 3rd and 8 is hardly memorable.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787

Trent Edwards is coming into the approaching season with a full head of steam. Edwards is attempting to right the wrongs and change everyone's perception. TE's aiming to blow the competition out of the water and take back whats rightfully his,

Our Glove wearing Mary/ Captain Checkdown is taking off the gloves,

and he's gunning for a Championship...

Trent Edwards is coming into the approaching season with a full head of steam. Edwards is attempting to right the wrongs and change everyone's perception. TE's aiming to blow the competition out of the water and take back whats rightfully his,

That's downright inspirational. Obama could use a speech writer like that. :lol:

LOL! you are funny "they wobbled". You think every 60 yard bomb thrown is a tight spiral? This comment proves you haven't watched enough football.

The ball hit the WR in stride both times...thats all that matters.

If this was a Bills game TD, you wouldn't celebrate because "the ball wobbled"..... hahaha!

I guess to some people the glass is always half empty.

LOL! you are funny "they wobbled". You think every 60 yard bomb thrown is a tight spiral? This comment proves you haven't watched enough football.

The ball hit the WR in stride both times...thats all that matters.

If this was a Bills game TD, you wouldn't celebrate because "the ball wobbled"..... hahaha!

I guess to some people the glass is always half empty.

I can name 3 QB's whose deep passes never wobble. Flacco, Brady, Rodgers. You can add Favre to that list along with Kyle Boller. Not every deep ball wobbles, only the ones that are poorly thrown. Every QB will tell you the difference between a well thrown ball with touch, and a ball that gets chucked down field on a prayer.

Thats what Trent's deep passes caught in stride were, prayers. And this is in shorts and no real pass rush.

Im gonna remember this post when Trent is sitting on the sidelines, holding a clipboard with a full head of steam.

I can name 3 QB's whose deep passes never wobble. Flacco, Brady, Rodgers. You can add Favre to that list along with Kyle Boller. Not every deep ball wobbles, only the ones that are poorly thrown. Every QB will tell you the difference between a well thrown ball with touch, and a ball that gets chucked down field on a prayer.

Thats what Trent's deep passes caught in stride were, prayers. And this is in shorts and no real pass rush.

You are full of horseshit. Every QB throws a wobbly pass now and then, especially a long ball while on the run. WHat kind of **** are you shoveling dude? Brady, FlakeO, Rogers and Favre never threw a wobby pass huh? My ass man.

You are full of horseshit. Every QB throws a wobbly pass now and then, especially a long ball while on the run. WHat kind of **** are you shoveling dude? Brady, FlakeO, Rogers and Favre never threw a wobby pass huh? My ass man.

And you are sadly misinformed.

have you ever watched Joe Flacco throw a deep pass? The ball flys out of his hand and down the field. One of the high points about him is his ability to throw a perfect deep ball. If a ball gets tipped at the line, thats a different story. Its also awesome that you call him FlakeO. That's very clever considering he's made the playoffs in his first two seasons,and most analysts see the Ravens going deep into the playoffs this year, possibly even the super bowl. This statement shows you watch very little football besides the Bills.

I never said they never throw "wobbly" passes. I said that these three in particular throw tight spirals on deep passes with touch and accuracy. I never said never.

But I wouldnt expect a loud mouth like you to understand the difference.

Guest dog14787
Im gonna remember this post when Trent is sitting on the sidelines, holding a clipboard with a full head of steam.

Or maybe you will remember my post one day when TE brings home a championship...

I'll tell ya one thing I have noticed from watching the short clips on bb.com... Edwards seems to take longer to make a decision before throwing. Brohm's passes seem to come out a few seconds faster. Granted these videos are by no means good for evaluating performance, but it it noticeable. I can tell you this, though, the QB that gets the ball out the fastest is going to do best behind our line.

looking at yesterdays highlight video... one of the "highlights" from the recieving corps is a rediculously wobbly pass from TE... then followed by a bullet from brohm at about the same distance.

if Trent can make it work, then good for him and the team. If not, I'm hoping to see Brohm step up to the plate

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/v...64-bfb85361eca3

In yesterday's OTA, Edwards threw 2 long TD's, 1 to Felton Huggins for 60 yards and the other to Chad Jackson. I know it's only OTA's and the pads aren't on, but could Edwards thrive in Gailey's offense?

Comments...

Confidence is something that you have or don’t have, but I believe Trent lost his confidence when things didn’t go over well. Chan is going to rebuild this team the right way, and I believe he will not be persuaded by any others. He will do what he believes is right. I still feel that the Bills picked up Brohm for a reason. Brohm was selected last year when we lost our coach and heading into know where. Who picked him up and why??? I think the Bills knew this from last year the upside of Brohm. Those who think this kid is a wash, then look at Steve Young when he played for Tampa, or a guy named Brett. He didn’t start in Green Bay you know. A quarter back is good when they have the chemistry of the team and coaches to go with it. I believe Chan is not looking for a qb, but a guy who can mesh with his system better than the others.

And you are sadly misinformed.

have you ever watched Joe Flacco throw a deep pass? The ball flys out of his hand and down the field. One of the high points about him is his ability to throw a perfect deep ball. If a ball gets tipped at the line, thats a different story. Its also awesome that you call him FlakeO. That's very clever considering he's made the playoffs in his first two seasons,and most analysts see the Ravens going deep into the playoffs this year, possibly even the super bowl. This statement shows you watch very little football besides the Bills.

I never said they never throw "wobbly" passes. I said that these three in particular throw tight spirals on deep passes with touch and accuracy. I never said never.

But I wouldnt expect a loud mouth like you to understand the difference.

I'm misinformed? You think anyone can throw a "perfect" pass? LOL dude. Nobody on this earth is perfect. Joe FlakeO made the post season because there is talent on his team. Put him behind the Bills O-line from last year and see how well he will do. Look how great big Ben did last year without an O-line. He went pretty far his first few years in the league too...without an O-line and running game he looked like a completely different QB last season.

Go back and re-read what you wrote....you said their deep passes "NEVER WOBBLE". You don't even know what the hell you are saying. LOL! Go back to your doc and tell him you need a stronger perscription.

By the way, are you FlakeO's gay lover or something?