Madden 2011 !!! very cool stuff

brenty

hey everyone,

dont know if anyone posted anything about the new madden and the look and feel but i worked at the E3 today and i snuck out of working and played some madden 11. They have an afl vintage, where it has an old film look and of course, all the old uniforms. Its funny they should fitzy as the QB but you start with edwards. (i had 2 int and one sack for a fumble LOL) Spiller was pretty decent playing on this. Special teams was actually pretty good, I had roscoe receiving and i ran back for one TD and the other got a good 30+ yrds. Overall it looks a lot better to me (this is Xbox version, PS line was longer) but ya took some pics with my camera just though it would be nice to show ya guys... anyways GO BILLS!!!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash...2_5279851_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc...0_1596673_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash...8_2399210_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash...1_4352077_n.jpg

They had the sepia toned AFL games in last year's madden.

You had to pay to get the AFL pack and it was a stupid amount of money for not a lot of content. Hopefully its free this time around. Overall the only real substantial improvement I see is the running engine the way the players run and cut is really good. I would like to see the momentum detection and tackling physics/animations (All tackles seem to look the same even if you approach from different angles and with different sized players).

I hate running full steam into guys who are shedding blocks and having the guy truck me.

You had to pay to get the AFL pack and it was a stupid amount of money for not a lot of content. Hopefully its free this time around. Overall the only real substantial improvement I see is the running engine the way the players run and cut is really good. I would like to see the momentum detection and tackling physics/animations (All tackles seem to look the same even if you approach from different angles and with different sized players).

I hate running full steam into guys who are shedding blocks and having the guy truck me.

It was only 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox which roughly translates to 6ish dollars. But yeah, still a rip off none the less.

I hope they pull something out of their sleeves with this one. I just played the NCAA 11 demo on XBL tonight. Holy cow talk about the same old same old. Absolutely nothing about the game caught my attention or made me think that they had done ANYTHING to improve it over last year. It should be released as a budget title.

I hope they pull something out of their sleeves with this one. I just played the NCAA 11 demo on XBL tonight. Holy cow talk about the same old same old. Absolutely nothing about the game caught my attention or made me think that they had done ANYTHING to improve it over last year. It should be released as a budget title.

Your links are hilarious. I've never heard a lead singer that tone deaf in my life.

What were all of those guys thinking when they decided to form a band?

Apparently NCAA 11 is blowing the socks off everyone who plays it at E3. The demo is out for it on the PS3 and XBOX 360 and even though the demo build is from 2 months ago its a blast to play.

Cant wait for it to come out next month...I'm only lukewarm over Madden this year. Not enough announced improvements/enhancements from last year's version to get me excited.

I got the AFL pack for free on '10, a month or 2 after it came out. (PS3) I forgot it was actually a pay add-on at first.

I'm a big madden fan, but thusfar i haven't been too impressed at what i have been reading. I'm holding hope they are going to drop a bomb on us with something crazy new, like a complete re-design of franchise mode (which was rumored to be in '10, then in '11). I like the game play improvements they've added, but those were necessary adjustments, and aren't anything huge.

I also check the madden blog from time to time, and they haven't had a ton of stuff either.

EDIT: madden blog is now reporting no major changes to franchise this season, but that they are re-building the mode from the ground up for '12.

I got the AFL pack for free on '10, a month or 2 after it came out. (PS3) I forgot it was actually a pay add-on at first.

I'm a big madden fan, but thusfar i haven't been too impressed at what i have been reading. I'm holding hope they are going to drop a bomb on us with something crazy new, like a complete re-design of franchise mode (which was rumored to be in '10, then in '11). I like the game play improvements they've added, but those were necessary adjustments, and aren't anything huge.

I also check the madden blog from time to time, and they haven't had a ton of stuff either.

EDIT: madden blog is now reporting no major changes to franchise this season, but that they are re-building the mode from the ground up for '12.

Man, I wish this were the case for Madden. Franchise has needed a reboot for the last few years. I want my RFAs back, damn it! I also want the ability to trade future picks and better CPU draft strategies (not that I would be surprised if the Raiders drafted a FB in the first two rounds for three years in a row...but...)

It was only 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox which roughly translates to 6ish dollars. But yeah, still a rip off none the less.

One Microsoft point is equal to 1.25 cents. So 800 points is actually 10$.

Not trying to nitpick you, just an FYI for you or anyone who reads this.

The only thing wrong with madden that is really annoying and that can be fixed is that the players still dont have ankles that bend and players still cant get consecutive tackles. They fixed the offensive line sort of. Hard to explain but its not perfect yet. Other then that i like the game. Look at NFL 2k5 its still looks better then madden 2010 and that games back from 2005. Go to yutube and find it for yourself. There is a real big difference in gameplay.

The only thing wrong with madden that is really annoying and that can be fixed is that the players still dont have ankles that bend and players still cant get consecutive tackles. They fixed the offensive line sort of. Hard to explain but its not perfect yet. Other then that i like the game. Look at NFL 2k5 its still looks better then madden 2010 and that games back from 2005. Go to yutube and find it for yourself. There is a real big difference in gameplay.

No, NFL2k5 isn't better. Get over yourself.

Don't get me wrong, i liked competition, and having a choice between games. It also drove EA to make better games. But the people who still insist 2k5 is better simply identify themselves as fanboys.