Bledsoe v. Losman

Casey D

The big rush to start Losman. If the Bills finish, say 9-7, meaning 9-3 over the last 12 games with Bledsoe at the helm, why would you want Losman to start in 2005? With a 9-3 finish, something like 11-5 would seem quite possible for 2005. Unless you were certain there would be no drop-off in play from Bledsoe to Losman--which seems highly unlikely when you look at the play of many 1st round QBs early in their careers(I know there are exceptions, but they are exceptions, e.g. Roethlisberger)-- why would you want to jeopardize that, when the team has not been to the playoffs for 5 years. I understand getting Losman experience would be great, but not if it cost the Bills a couple of games and the playoffs next year.

It seems evident that this team is coming together with Bledsoe at the helm. I doubt that will change unless Bledsoe shows regression again, but not until. Losman can wait.

The rush was that bledsoe was horrible. I was never in favor of starting losman as he is a project who will need a few years to develop into what we want him to be.

I was however in favor of giving matthews a start, because bledsoe was so awful. Now that he has stepped it up (amazing 3 picks is steping it up), this setiment is subsiding some.

I agree. If we finish 9-7 or 10-6 I think there will be a big controversy in camp next year. Pennington, McNair ... etc can tell you that waiting to start a drafted QB can help a lot!

141901[/snapback]

And I think that is the plan unless they started 0-4. But that won't happen.(I pray).

(I know there are exceptions, but they are exceptions, e.g. Roethlisberger)--

141892[/snapback]

Is Big Ben really that great right now? The last two games the Steelers have won with a blueprint that we were going to use with Bledsoe - running the ball and solid D. This past two weeks Big Ben has looked ordinary at best.

Is Big Ben really that great right now?  The last two games the Steelers have won with a blueprint that we were going to use with Bledsoe - running the ball and solid D.  This past two weeks Big Ben has looked ordinary at best.

141904[/snapback]

Ordinary? No. Bad. Yes. I have been saying this all along. Big Ben is NOT THAT GOOD. When he first came out he had something different that for a few games defenses didnt catch onto. Cinci caught on and since then he has been sacked 15 times, fumbled 2-3 times, and threw 2 Interceptions ... the Bigger they are, the harder they fall.

Ordinary? No. Bad. Yes. I have been saying this all along. Big Ben is NOT THAT GOOD. When he first came out he had something different that for a few games defenses didnt catch onto. Cinci caught on and since then he has been sacked 15 times, fumbled 2-3 times, and threw 2 Interceptions ... the Bigger they are, the harder they fall.

141909[/snapback]

Fair enough, perhaps there are not even exceptions, which further strengthens the point...CD

If the Bills finish, say 9-7, meaning 9-3 over the last 12 games with Bledsoe at the helm, why would you want Losman to start in 2005?

Because that's the absolute best you can expect from Bledsoe... ever. Bledsoe is not the reason the Bills are winning... they're winning despite him... a 3 int to 1 touchdown performance is stevestojan. and I believe his overall TD/INT this year are about even steven... he's just careless and stupid with the football. Everytime I'm watching the Bills play, I damn near sh-- my pants when he drops back. You never know what might happen.

Look at Cincy... Kitna played lights out last season and then got the job taken away from him as his reward. Bledsoe ain't playing anywhere near like Kitna was last year... and he deserves to be removed. that should be his just reward.

The big rush to start Losman.  If the Bills finish, say 9-7, meaning 9-3 over the last 12 games with Bledsoe at the helm, why would you want Losman to start in 2005?  With a 9-3 finish, something like 11-5 would seem quite possible for 2005.  Unless you were certain there would be no drop-off in play from Bledsoe to Losman--which seems highly unlikely when you look at the play of many 1st round QBs early in their careers(I know there are exceptions, but they are exceptions, e.g. Roethlisberger)-- why would you want to jeopardize that, when the team has not been to the playoffs for 5 years.  I understand getting Losman experience would be great, but not if it cost the Bills a couple of games and the playoffs next year.

:P

It seems evident that this team is coming together with Bledsoe at the helm.  I doubt that will change unless Bledsoe shows regression again, but not until.  Losman can wait.

141892[/snapback]

Coming together with Bledsoe at the helm? He's been trying his best to

steer the ship into the rocks all season.

He threw THREE PICKS on Sunday, one of his better outings, that is being

seen as OK because the team won. Did you see him against New England?

i'll stand in for ice and say that we drafted losman with next year's #1 pick. Therefore, start him next year. I'm inclined to offer bledsoe a chance to restructure his contract and come back willing to be a backup if losman shows something in training camp. Even if the bills went 16-0, no way does bledsoe start next season under the current deal. Salary cap and the #1 pick dictate the losman is the guy.

The big rush to start Losman.  If the Bills finish, say 9-7, meaning 9-3 over the last 12 games with Bledsoe at the helm, why would you want Losman to start in 2005?  With a 9-3 finish, something like 11-5 would seem quite possible for 2005.  Unless you were certain there would be no drop-off in play from Bledsoe to Losman--which seems highly unlikely when you look at the play of many 1st round QBs early in their careers(I know there are exceptions, but they are exceptions, e.g. Roethlisberger)-- why would you want to jeopardize that, when the team has not been to the playoffs for 5 years.  I understand getting Losman experience would be great, but not if it cost the Bills a couple of games and the playoffs next year.

It seems evident that this team is coming together with Bledsoe at the helm.  I doubt that will change unless Bledsoe shows regression again, but not until.  Losman can wait.

141892[/snapback]

Un F'ing believable. The bills won last week INSPITE of Drew's 3 intercepts in Seattle territory. Drew has improved a bit over the season--but has been greatly helped by McGahee and the special teams and very good D except for NE game. BUT for God/'s sake--Drew gave away 4 games by his lonesome and has caused the mess we are in. If Losman were starting we would have at least the same record--even with all the rookie mistakes he would have made. PLEASE--I beg of all you on this board--don't be fooled again byv the Bledsoe nonsense--he has led a team with well above average talent to a 5-6 RECORD. Wake up Kool=aid drinkers. Drew has to go. Joe Ferguson(yes the present day 54 year old Joe ferguson) could have led this team to 5-6.

The rush was that bledsoe was horrible.  I was never in favor of starting losman as he is a project who will need a few years to develop into what we want him to be.

I was however in favor of giving matthews a start, because bledsoe was so awful.  Now that he has stepped it up (amazing 3 picks is steping it up), this setiment is subsiding some.

141895[/snapback]

You say it will take a few years to develop him? Damn someone forgot to tell Pitt that about a rookie QB. :P

Also, how long do you want to wait? See this sh-- pisses me off. You guys want to sit here mediocre as hell NEVER becoming a real contender for the Superbowl instead of taking the hit and getting our rookies developed NOW.

As long as the Bills are winning, start Bledsoe.  Next season, start Bledsoe.  Don't start 0-4.  If you do, bench Bledsoe.  It is really quite simple.  Not much room for debate.  If you want to get the cap involved, Bledsoe makes more dough.

142050[/snapback]

God you are a fuggin retard. JP Starts next year regardless. Time to get the guy ready to win for us.

As long as the Bills are winning, start Bledsoe.  Next season, start Bledsoe.  Don't start 0-4.  If you do, bench Bledsoe.  It is really quite simple.  Not much room for debate.  If you want to get the cap involved, Bledsoe makes more dough.

142050[/snapback]

Hunh????????????????-Wait around with a washed up QB til ANOTHER season is ruined THEN bench Bledsoe?

God you are a fuggin retard.  JP Starts next year regardless. Time to get the guy ready to  win for us.

142052[/snapback]

The thing is...

Ice, I don't want Bledsoe to be our quarterback. But you know what I said is correct. You definately know for sure that Bledsoe will start next year. Sitting on the pc with your thumb in your bum getting pissed and bitching isn't gonna help. SO... maybe you should face the facts, take your thumb out of your bum, and change teams. Because you clearly are gonna commit suicide next year. Me, I'll just be watching my mediocre team with my mediocre quarterback, waiting for JP to start. And when he does, stick to the Fins. You are about as fair-weather as a Fins fan around here. Sorry man but, well think about it. I'm not always right on like you but this one definately hurts.

u seem to forget we r winning in spite of bledsoe not because of bledsoe big difference.he has 13 td's and 14 int's at some point ya gotta sober up drew is all done! i root for him because he is our qb,but he is done none the same