Smerlas took one too many shots to the head...

If you follow his ridiculous coaching comments on how a big name(someone like Belichick) is needed to compete in the NFL to its logical conclusion, then the Patriots would never have hired Belichick in the first place as he was a complete disaster in Cleveland as HC.

If you follow his ridiculous coaching comments on how a big name(someone like Belichick) is needed to compete in the NFL to its logical conclusion, then the Patriots would never have hired Belichick in the first place as he was a complete disaster in Cleveland as HC.

Smerlas was a great player and seems like a guy who'd be happy to talk to you in a bar. Thinking is not his strong suit. JMO

I don't see anything wrong with what he said? He only said what thousands of fans have been saying, and according to alot of people on this board, ex-players (even current quarterbacks) are required to be fans of the Bills, or they are trash. Besides, I didn't really see it as any shot to Chan Gailey, more so to the franchise for hiring him, and that is warranted.

I don't see anything wrong with what he said? He only said what thousands of fans have been saying

:wallbash:

Fred clearly knows how to play to an audience, which should give him a long career in radio and/or politics....