Hardy-Har-Har...

Hardy – Har – Har…

I had a friend called Har once, Boxcar Har we called him...

I was watching camp highlights...It was a simple play, in a non-contact drill in June; meaningless I know.

Nevertheless, a reciever ran a short down and in, and turned it upfield.

Whoa-ho-ho-ho...that had to be Hardy, cuz he was fricken' huge. He looked like a peed-off mother pterodactyl swooping in, protecting a small egg in her powerful clutches.

In other words, Hardy had the look....

The look of a really scary NFL weapon...speed, power, athleticism and of course, great size.

And I thought back two years ago, when we drafted him, what was the deal on him?

Dangerous weapon with enough speed. Has power, athleticism and of course, great size. Grade - First round. I remember my chiropractor told me he’s seen him play Penn State twice and he was absolutely phenomenal. He hoped the Steelers would have drafted him.

But it was not all good…he was listed as the player most likely to bust; due to off-field troubles and a lack of focus. So the Bills take a chance on him in the 2nd round anyway. Even though there is a run on big receivers failing in the NFL. So typically, for a Bills pick, he soon gets into more off-field trouble, runs few retarded routes, gets a serious injury, torn ACL; done!

But a funny thing happened on the way to the waiver wire....

He becomes a teammate of the infamous T.O. - Terrell Owens. Owens takes a shine to the kid, and offers to take him under his wing. Hardy accepts and becomes interested in what it takes in becoming a NFL star and trains with the Spartan-like Owens. He trains all year with the future hall of famer, but doesn’t see the field. He doesn’t see the field because he’s behind that very same H.O.F. on the depth chart. That, and we were idiots; not getting our young guys some valuable experience, but I digress. The next thing you hear is James Hardy (our James Hardy) gets nominated for the Ed Block Courage Award. The Ed Block Courage Awards honors those National Football League players who exemplify commitments to the principles of sportsmanship and courage. Recipients are selected by their teammates for team effort, as well as individual performance.The Ed Block Courage Award recipient symbolizes professionalism, great strength and dedication. He is also a community role model.

It was a simple play, in a non-contact drill in June; I know, but my moneys on Hardy to become breakout player of the year, 2010.

GO BILLS!

I really wish the preseason games would be shown down here. Those games should be very telling about some players. Of course, we won't really know about these guys until a few games into the regular season.

I would love hardy to have a breakout year, and I think he will improve. With the way things look right now, Nelson looks like he is going to have a breakout year and could even become our 2nd reciever. The guy is tearing up OTAs. Of course, that could all change when the pads are on. Easly would be a nice surprise if he becomes an early bloomer.

I'm selling a bridge that connects Manhattan to Brooklyn for a discounted price today only. Interested?

I'm selling some beachfront property in Florida ... primo location ... just minutes from Disney

Hardy – Har – Har…

I had a friend called Har once, Boxcar Har we called him...

I was watching camp highlights...It was a simple play, in a non-contact drill in June; meaningless I know.

Nevertheless, a reciever ran a short down and in, and turned it upfield.

Whoa-ho-ho-ho...that had to be Hardy, cuz he was fricken' huge. He looked like a peed-off mother pterodactyl swooping in, protecting a small egg in her powerful clutches.

In other words, Hardy had the look....

The look of a really scary NFL weapon...speed, power, athleticism and of course, great size.

And I thought back two years ago, when we drafted him, what was the deal on him?

Dangerous weapon with enough speed. Has power, athleticism and of course, great size. Grade - First round. I remember my chiropractor told me he’s seen him play Penn State twice and he was absolutely phenomenal. He hoped the Steelers would have drafted him.

But it was not all good…he was listed as the player most likely to bust; due to off-field troubles and a lack of focus. So the Bills take a chance on him in the 2nd round anyway. Even though there is a run on big receivers failing in the NFL. So typically, for a Bills pick, he soon gets into more off-field trouble, runs few retarded routes, gets a serious injury, torn ACL; done!

But a funny thing happened on the way to the waiver wire....

He becomes a teammate of the infamous T.O. - Terrell Owens. Owens takes a shine to the kid, and offers to take him under his wing. Hardy accepts and becomes interested in what it takes in becoming a NFL star and trains with the Spartan-like Owens. He trains all year with the future hall of famer, but doesn’t see the field. He doesn’t see the field because he’s behind that very same H.O.F. on the depth chart. That, and we were idiots; not getting our young guys some valuable experience, but I digress. The next thing you hear is James Hardy (our James Hardy) gets nominated for the Ed Block Courage Award. The Ed Block Courage Awards honors those National Football League players who exemplify commitments to the principles of sportsmanship and courage. Recipients are selected by their teammates for team effort, as well as individual performance.The Ed Block Courage Award recipient symbolizes professionalism, great strength and dedication. He is also a community role model.

It was a simple play, in a non-contact drill in June; I know, but my moneys on Hardy to become breakout player of the year, 2010.

GO BILLS!

:devil: GREAT POST ...

Of course the doomsaying wall posters will all too quickly go into attack mode because after all nothing good has ever happened in their lives ... players whose initial NFL exposure was negative never ever turn around into a decent player ... and who cares about community service (oh wait, one of the knocks on Hardy was that he was a problem kid) ...

Although I think Steve Johnson or Easley may end up starting, what Buffalo Bills' fan (if being a fan means you want the team to win games versus being the perennial losers we are used to) would want any of our players to fail? You really have to be a small minded Dolphin, Jet or Patriots' fan to get on this board and attack players before they really have the opportunity to play and Hardy really hasn't had a true shot.

So, let's cheer this kid on ... maybe his size, his speed, the TO education and his new maturity will give us a quality receiver oppositive Evans ... I sure hope so and so should every true Bills' fan.

james hardy knows how to catch a football, he can run fast and is an extra large man who can incidently jump very high also. he is motivated and coming into his third season, in great shape and focused. i like stevie and marcus quite a bit, however i must agree that the big guy will create matchup problems that TO didnt even command while a bill, and will be glad to exploit them. the tallest cb in the afc east is antonio cromartie at 6'2.

I dont think there's any question regarding Hardy's physical capabilities, but the biggest issue he's had has been his lack of skills in the route running dept. Unless he improves on that during training camp, and i dont know if TO had any influence on him in that respect last year, I dont see anything more than what we've seen from him to date, and quite possibly being cut.

Here's to hoping that he has improved in that area as well.

I really wish the preseason games would be shown down here. Those games should be very telling about some players. Of course, we won't really know about these guys until a few games into the regular season.

I would love hardy to have a breakout year, and I think he will improve. With the way things look right now, Nelson looks like he is going to have a breakout year and could even become our 2nd reciever. The guy is tearing up OTAs. Of course, that could all change when the pads are on. Easly would be a nice surprise if he becomes an early bloomer.

NFL Network replays all pre-season games during the week. Just check your TV listings, or Tivo the game if it's on at an inconvenient time.

PTR

I dont think there's any question regarding Hardy's physical capabilities, but the biggest issue he's had has been his lack of skills in the route running dept. Unless he improves on that during training camp, and i dont know if TO had any influence on him in that respect last year, I dont see anything more than what we've seen from him to date, and quite possibly being cut.

Here's to hoping that he has improved in that area as well.

Reports came out late last year he has improved in all areas.