Best places to raise a family

Guffalo

Ok which one of you folks wrote this article?

There is a reason why a lot of us choose to stay here. It is easy for the national media, and even a lot of the morons who post regularly on this board to bash us for staying but at the end of the day, high taxes and snow included, I would be hard pressed to find a better quality of life.

There is a reason why a lot of us choose to stay here. It is easy for the national media, and even a lot of the morons who post regularly on this board to bash us for staying but at the end of the day, high taxes and snow included, I would be hard pressed to find a better quality of life.

Most of the folks my age (Gen Xers) left not because we disliked the area, but because of the lack of job opportunities. My friends that stayed almost universally were going to run the family business, so they didn't have to leave. Others were able to snag a few good jobs that remained.

/Still don't miss the snow, though

Syracuse has a lot to offer in terms of recreation, but jobs are not easy unless you're in the healthcare or higher education fields. Engineering and Green Technology is starting to become big also.