Patrick Crayton requesting release from 'Boys

If I remember correctly, in the prime-time, 25-24 home loss we suffered a couple of year back at the hands of the cowboys, Crayton was a big reason why.

I like him, and think that he could fill our #2 spot in a heartbeat.

He seems below the radar enough in terms of name recognition that I wonder if he could be had for a reasonable (4th-6th rounder) pick...

:wallbash:

Absolutely not. He's not the type of receiver to elevate a team. He's a decent receiver where if he's your teams #2, you're constantly looking to upgrade, like the cowboys have done more than once on him.

In saying that, I'm not willing to disregard the importance of seeing what Hardy and Johnson have this year for a player that will have significantly less of an impact than a hall of famer like TO. I'm passing and so will Nix.

I'd take him, but why dump Roscoe? I really don't understand why we're still sold on Hardy. He's been here for a couple of years and has done squat (well, I guess under Jauron they didn't do squats :wallbash: ). So I'd take Crayton and dump Hardy. I'm sick of long-term projects.

I'd take him, but why dump Roscoe? I really don't understand why we're still sold on Hardy. He's been here for a couple of years and has done squat (well, I guess under Jauron they didn't do squats :wallbash: ). So I'd take Crayton and dump Hardy. I'm sick of long-term projects.

I don't understand why people are talking about Crayton and dumping Roscoe either. But not for the same reason's as you. They don't play the same position. Roscoe is a slot guy, hardy is a wide out. If Crayton were to be brought in, it should have nothing to do with Roscoe.

However "sold on Hardy", I don't know who is saying that, but the level headed fans aren't. We are simply saying you have to give the guy an opportunity, which we haven't thus far, and injuries have played a big part of it. So now its his time to showcase, thats all. Bringing in another non impact WR to stint that opportunity for him and for the team to see what he has, would be ludicrous.

makes sense to give roscoe a shot..there are so many question marks on this offense...but i guess you could probably say that about most teams in the league barring a few...

I good offensive mind would cut Parrish. He is worthless.

Crayton annoys the hell out of me. He basically has TO's personality and a fraction of the game. I still remember when the Giants beat the Cowboys in the playoffs & Crayton had 2 huge drops. He sucks.

And forget about Parrish. It's the same story every year. He looks good in OTAs and camp yet when the hits become live, he disappears. He will never be a good NFL receiver and was a great PR, but know he is average and costs us games there (Cleveland). He was a terrible pick by a terrible GM and I won't be surprised if he got cut.