Same TV Crew this week

plenzmd1

Just great, bills game again not in hi-def and we get Criqui-Tasker to just add to my viewing enjoyment. Not only do I wish we were in the NFC because we would be one game back from HOSTING a playoff game, but all the games would be in real friggin hi-def tv. How can Fox afford to do almost all their games in hi-def, and all CBS can do is two, sometimes three.

For crying out loud, even that storied rivalry game Cards vs Bills was in HD

That's why I didn't bother buying that high def TV for an extra 500.00....it ain't worth it yet.

140949[/snapback]

Sorry, man. You need to watch the Bills play in Hi-Def on a big screen. I'd gladly pay just to see them in one game. And the ESPN late game is pretty phenomenal as well. And you absolutely don't need to spend $500. Fezmid can point you to the real deals.

Sorry, man. You need to watch the Bills play in Hi-Def on a big screen. I'd gladly pay  just to see them in one game. And the ESPN late game is pretty phenomel as well. And you absolutely don't need to spend $500. Fezmid can point you to the real deals.

140962[/snapback]

Who, me? :lol:

:o

CW

Just great, bills game again not in hi-def and we get  Criqui-Tasker to just add to my viewing enjoyment. Not only do I wish we were in the NFC because we would be one game back from HOSTING a playoff game, but all the games would be in real friggin hi-def tv. How can Fox afford to do almost all their games in hi-def, and all CBS can do is two, sometimes three.

For crying out loud, even that storied rivalry game Cards vs Bills was in HD

140878[/snapback]

8-10 NFL games per week are now in HD. I would guess 4 or 5 of the Bills 11 games have been in HD, but not sure the exact number. It's enough to make it worth it, though.

And the ESPN late game is pretty phenomel as well.

140962[/snapback]

Yikes. Better not let the grammer polise catch you....I mean, common man!

:lol:

8-10 NFL games per week are now in HD.  I would guess 4 or 5 of the Bills 11 games have been in HD, but not sure the exact number.  It's enough to make it worth it, though.

141002[/snapback]

Only games on CBS has been both jets game and patriots game (nyc market). Both the Rams and cardinals were hi-def, but only because on Fox. ESPN game was as well.

BTW, hi-def worth every penny when watching the fellas play.

Speaking of HD, what exactly do you need to receive and view games in HD when they're broadcast over Fox or another non-subscribing channel?

141222[/snapback]

Basically, you'll need the triple LNB dish, HDTV DSS receiver, and an HDTV-ready TV. Use the DVI cable because right now that gives you the best picture. You can also use an OTA (over the air) antenna, but I put mine up and have had no luck with it so far. We get a bunch of channels in Hi-Def over DSS, but not all of them, including ABC, which is why I put up the antenna...for MNF.

Basically, you'll need the triple LNB dish, HDTV DSS receiver, and an HDTV-ready TV. Use the DVI cable because right now that gives you the best picture. You can also use an OTA (over the air) antenna, but I put mine up and have had no luck with it so far. We get a bunch of channels in Hi-Def over DSS, but not all of them, including ABC, which is why I put up the antenna...for MNF.

141245[/snapback]

You have to be careful, because it's a market by market thing. In the Buffalo market, for example, you need to use an OTA antenna to get the HD stations, as DIRECTV doesn't carry them....

141245[/snapback]

Say what? And I thought medicine had a lot of acronyms.

Hopefully Criqui will spend the week working on saying "McGahee."  As for the HD, it looks like Fox is doing most, if not all, their broadcasts in HD, while CBS is just doing the "key matchups."

140981[/snapback]

If he called him Henry or McGee one more time, I was gonna try and jump through the tv and kick his ass....

Say what? And I thought medicine had a lot of acronyms.

141343[/snapback]

not an easy proposition to get the games. Basically, i have the sunday ticket which airs all the games, including those in hi def. However, if the game is shown in your local area OT(over the air), than the game on the ticket is blacked out and you you need to tune into your local station to see the game. With Directv, no locals are brodcast in hi-def, hence the need for an antenna to get the signal the old fashioned way.

My wife continues to marvel that i spent thousnds on new hi-def tv, thousand for the hi def tivo, plus several more for the completion of the tv set-up, and now i get most of what we watch through a stinkin antenna. But the bills in hi def are SMOKIN.

Please feel free to PM me if anyone needs help or advise on this whole hi-def mess. Spent several months reseraching options so i could be ready for this football season, and hope I can keep people from making the same mistakes i did.