Parental Control Software

and this is my point exactly. what sounds complicated to most adults, is actually simply burning a disc and putting it in the PC in the eyes of our youth. making a boot disk is not all that complicated and as long as ONE kid in the class knows how to do it, they all do.

Exactly. While some of the things I mentioned were a bit more difficult, burning a CD and booting off of it is trivial - kids know how to do it.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. While some of the things I mentioned were a bit more difficult, burning a CD and booting off of it is trivial - kids know how to do it.

How to do it and why are completely different things though.

The boy wants his own computer, mostly for playing MMO games. He does have a Facebook page and has gotten some interesting friend requests.

He's 12.

Anyone here have any first-hand knowledge of tools that can at least monitor, or even better control how the internet is used on a PC?

My son is gonna be 12 in June and had one in his room since 10 (Christmas)... Don't make him the admin! Give him an account. I just use the Comast virus thingy suite with controls (was McAfee, now Norton)... The one thing that I can't figure out is who the rocket scientist that made the control time limits didn't figure out that if the child stays on the same website, they can go past the time limit block! :):w00t:

I also set it under his age... Which he totally hates... Then when he gets a block, he asks me and I decide if it will be allowed.

My Dad had parental control hardware. It was called a belt.

That was my grandfather... He would chase us around with that big old nasty barber belt! :) I was a bit younger than my siblings and my grandfather died when I was younger... My older sister and brother have the fear of God in them to this day... Probably why they are so messed up! :w00t::w00t: Ya, I said messed up!