2010 Starters - could be a lot better than expected

LBs - the second biggest question mark (personally, i don't think we have any good LBs)

Poz and Davis are solid in the middle. Have you ever seen Davis play? The dude is a big time run stuffer. OLB is another story but I still think we will be solid there too.

Poz and Davis are solid in the middle. Have you ever seen Davis play? The dude is a big time run stuffer. OLB is another story but I still think we will be solid there too.

I put everything on the offense, defence is secondary if we can't score points (something we have shown a remarkable ability to do...or not do :pirate: ).

I think it was 'wrong' to change the entire defensive alignment at the same time that our offense was so pitiful. That left us with too much to overcome in one offseason. Defense appears to have been adequately addressed through FA and the draft. Unfortunately that left our offensive holes intact.

I put everything on the offense, defence is secondary if we can't score points (something we have shown a remarkable ability to do...or not do :lol: ).

I think it was 'wrong' to change the entire defensive alignment at the same time that our offense was so pitiful. That left us with too much to overcome in one offseason. Defense appears to have been adequately addressed through FA and the draft. Unfortunately that left our offensive holes intact.

We filled that hole at RB. :pirate:

How many ? positions can be on a team, and the team still be considered an above .500 team?

Here are my ? positions...

QB

LT

RT

2nd WR

3rd WR

TE

NT

DE

LOLB

ROLB

So 10 of the starting 22 positions IMHO has a ?. If you include Woods injury a ? that would make 1/2 the starters. We can hope that all those ? work out for the good, but that is a lot to ask.

Nobody that makes it this far at this position is a coward. I doubt you've ever met him and I'm sure you wouldn't say it to his face would you , Rambo ?

Finally, I doubt you've ever coached (Based on your nametag) or you wouldn't have made such ignorant observations.

Questioning his ability to play QB is one thing but ignorantly questioning him as a human being is simply hateful and stupid.

Said well Randy! I'm sick of such behavior on this board as well.

If people don't like a player, don't sit in anonymity and insult his manhood and worth as a person. Especially when you would wet your pants if that player were face to face with you. When people post such comments it says a lot more about them than it does about the player being demonized.

Looking into the overall lineup - I really only think we have 2 big holes (yes they are big holes), but overall I think we may actually have a contender

QB - Edwards/Brohm - we need help here

RB - Jackson - Good

Flex - Spiller - Good (we think)

WR - Evans - Good deep threat

WR - Johnson/Hardy - big question mark

WR3 - Parrish - If properly utilized could be seriously dangerous, big IF

TE - Nelson - weak blocker, good receiver

OT - Bell/Meredith/Wang - big hole here

OG - Levitre - potential pro-bowler

C - Hangartner - Serviceable - will ultimately be replaced by Wood

OG - Wood - solid (If Calloway turns out to be good as touted, look for him to start and move Wood to center)

OT - Green - Journeyman starter - decent runblocker, questionable pass blocker

Defense

DE - Stroud - decent

NT - Williams/Troupe - big question mark - could be good

DE - Edwards/Carrington - unknown - could be good

OLB - Maybin/Coleman - big question mark - could be good/could suck

ILB - Poz - solid

ILB - Davis/Mitchell - okay

OLB - Schobel/Batten - if Schobel sticks around could be good

CB - McGee/McKelvin - look for McGee to become the nickel this year as they move to more man defense - could be good for McKelvin

CB - Florence - good

SS - Whitner/Scott - solid

FS - Byrd/Wilson - solid

If Gailey is as good as he is touted in making QB's play above average, the QB hole is diminished. LT however is a different story - I could see a Wang, Levitre, Wood, Calloway, Green line by mid-year - which may not be that bad.

Which is your favorite flavor, grape or tropical fruit punch?

Virtually all of your "big question marks" and "IFs" and "He's good at one thing but not another's" could be rephrased as big holes.

You guys can complain about the QB all you want, none of them will play well until the FO makes some trades or the coaches pull off some miracles and get the line to play 10x better

Yup. And I'm guessing that it all starts to come together around 2012.

I love how people still think Poz is a bad LB, when all of the statistics and film breakdowns point to him being among the best in football. Just the other day Tim Graham wrote an article saying Poz was one of the surest tacklers in the game. But some people will never be able to see past his skin color.

I love how people still think Poz is a bad LB, when all of the statistics and film breakdowns point to him being among the best in football. Just the other day Tim Graham wrote an article saying Poz was one of the surest tacklers in the game. But some people will never be able to see past his skin color.

I've never been able to see past the color of him making tackles 5 yards downfield. I remember 1 impact hit from him last season.

I hope that the switch to the 3-4 does him well because I haven't seen anything (except his hair) to make me gush yet.