Contrite Facebook CEO promises new privacy controls

Link

Another

Zuck: Yeah so if you ever need info about anyone at Harvard

Zuck: Just ask.

Zuck: I have over 4,000 emails

, pictures, addresses, SNS

[Redacted Friend's Name]: What? How'd you manage that one?

Zuck: People just submitted it.

Zuck: I don't know why.

Zuck: They "trust me"

Zuck: Dumb !@#$s.

Wait, who is the dumb !@#$ here? :blush:

Link

Another

Wait, who is the dumb !@#$ here? :blink:

You know what's great? I was watching Criminal Minds last night and they were investigating the role of social networks in the murders. At one point, one of the investigators totally bashed Facebook, saying that their recent privacy settings left things open for everyone to see. :blush: I thought it was cool, since most people probably don't think about it - but when they see it on a popular TV series, they might think twice. Maybe.... :angry:

You know what's great? I was watching Criminal Minds last night and they were investigating the role of social networks in the murders. At one point, one of the investigators totally bashed Facebook, saying that their recent privacy settings left things open for everyone to see. :blush: I thought it was cool, since most people probably don't think about it - but when they see it on a popular TV series, they might think twice. Maybe.... :blink:

That is sorta sad, but oh so true. I see no issue with Facebook other than privacy concerns. I mean, sure it is a waste of time, but so is this (TBD) and MMOs. I just found it extremely ironic, that a Harvard man (admittedly 19), was dumb enough to say something like that in a chat.

That is sorta sad, but oh so true. I see no issue with Facebook other than privacy concerns. I mean, sure it is a waste of time, but so is this (TBD) and MMOs. I just found it extremely ironic, that a Harvard man (admittedly 19), was dumb enough to say something like that in a chat.

What is really ironic is the people are pissed because things they put on a social networking site are accessible by people on that social networking site. Just like the good ole days. Walk into a bar and tell people about the kilo of weed you've got in your trunk, don't be pissed at the bar owner when you open your trunk and find it gone.

What is really ironic is the people are pissed because things they put on a social networking site are accessible by people on that social networking site. Just like the good ole days. Walk into a bar and tell people about the kilo of weed you've got in your trunk, don't be pissed at the bar owner when you open your trunk and find it gone.

:blush:

That is true as well. To be clear, I meant the company divulging personal information. If you are dumb enough to brag on there how you pulled one over on your boss, expect to be fired.

:blush:

That is true as well. To be clear, I meant the company divulging personal information. If you are dumb enough to brag on there how you pulled one over on your boss, expect to be fired.

It's a social networking site, what personal iformation would anyone put on there. Have people completely lost what socializing is all about? Yeah, I guess they have.

It's a social networking site, what personal iformation would anyone put on there. Have people completely lost what socializing is all about? Yeah, I guess they have.

Wait, I only told a few hundred of my closest and dearest about my affair. That could bite me in the ass? :blush:

I lurk a couple of times/day on FB. I sort of enjoy the updates from my "friends". It's good entertainment, much like this board. But I rarely stay on the site for more than a minute or two because the instant messages will start coming in.

Just last week...

[Her = very hot girl I used to work with]

Her: Hey Hops!

Me: Hey you.

[Having not spoken in years we do 5 minutes of back-and-forth]

Her: So... did you hear I'm single again?

Me: Yeah, I heard. I was dancing around that.

Her: Dancing around what? Speaking of dancing, do you ever go to [Local Dance Club]?

And it goes on like this for 15 minutes... until

Her: Well, I better run. I have the kids this weekend.

:devil:

About half of my "friends" are moms (single or happily married) looking for some adult interaction.

Another single mom sent me a message:

Her: Every time I see you're online and try to send you an IM, you're gone. I think you are a ninja.

My reply: Why yes, I AM a ninja. :worthy:

I deleted facebook not long ago.

The reason being I was becoming annoyed with how people seemed to feel that they need to share every single fragment of their worthless life on a website.

What really pushed me to delete it, my cousin was leaving on a vacation and she put as her status, "i'm out of town for a week, can someone please take care of my crops?". She had 30 replies :rolleyes:

I deleted facebook not long ago.

The reason being I was becoming annoyed with how people seemed to feel that they need to share every single fragment of their worthless life on a website.

What really pushed me to delete it, my cousin was leaving on a vacation and she put as her status, "i'm out of town for a week, can someone please take care of my crops?". She had 30 replies :rolleyes:

Like Twitter too: