Josh Reed on ESPN Radio St. Louis yesterday

Yet, you have still failed to make a point. So, good job?

Maybe Darin's point is (and apologies for speaking on his behalf) is Josh Reed would still be the second-best receiver on this team if we signed him today. And if spent his career in Indianapolis, for example, he would have had a productive enough career where he would still be in demand by someone at this point.

For all the talk about our crappy quarterbacks and our shaky offensive line, when I'm snooping around TSW I rarely see any posts about our awful receiving corps. I can't remember an NFL team having a more unproven group of guys.

Selective memory. Reed played outside his 2nd year and was largely ineffective (58 catches vs Price's 90 the year before in the same offense) prompting Donahoe to draft Evans in the following season. He always played better in the slot.

Not to split hairs, b/c you make a fair point, but if memory serves (and it may well not) we lost Reimersma and Centers as well as Price, which hurt the offense in that Bledsoe was good at spreading it around to the open targets. Without having to show as much respect to the pass catching ability out of the backfield and the TE position the D could put a lot more focus on the wide outs.

I can't tell from this whether you think that Reed was any good or not. For my part, I think he was a solid player who would have been a 60-65 catch guy on a functioning offensive team.

Reed would have been great slot receiver on a team with a QB and a cohesive offensive system. He'd look like a poor man's Wes Welker, especially if there was ANY threat of a BILLS' QB completing a pass outside the hash marks that actually traveled beyond the line of scrimmage.

I'm not sure there's been a more under-utilized player in the NFL. Reed played the early part of his career with Bledsoe, who couldn't accurately throw an intermediate pass between the hash marks if his career depended on it. He moved on to Losman, who had a fastball, no change up, no presence, and no ability to read anything beyond whoever was running the deepest route on any given play. Next up, Trentative and Fitzpatrick - 2 QBs defenses don't have to respect at all.

That's without getting into the ridiculous offensive "coordination" we've had the for over a decade.

Not to split hairs, b/c you make a fair point, but if memory serves (and it may well not) we lost Reimersma and Centers as well as Price, which hurt the offense in that Bledsoe was good at spreading it around to the open targets. Without having to show as much respect to the pass catching ability out of the backfield and the TE position the D could put a lot more focus on the wide outs.

To say nothing of the schedule not containing patsy after patsy to pad the offensive stats and hide the fact that Bledsoe was done like dinner.

Evans had 44 receptions last year. That averages out to 1 more reception/game than Reed. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

And therein lies a big problem, but don't ever blame Lee, people will be upset with you.

And therein lies a big problem, but don't ever blame Lee, people will be upset with you.

You mean because a guy like T.O couldn't possibly come to Buffalo and have the worst season of his career, right?

At some point all of you geniuses will understand this is a team game and positions like WR DEMAND excellence from the rest of the offense, especially the QB and the O.C. These are the things that have been missing at OBD for over a decade.

If you want to blame Evans for anything, blame him for re-signing instead of going to a team where they know SOMETHING about moving the football.

You mean because a guy like T.O couldn't possibly come to Buffalo and have the worst season of his career, right?

At some point all of you geniuses will understand this is a team game and positions like WR DEMAND excellence from the rest of the offense, especially the QB and the O.C. These are the things that have been missing at OBD for over a decade.

If you want to blame Evans for anything, blame him for re-signing instead of going to a team where they know SOMETHING about moving the football.

I gotta say really? I mean yea the OC and the Qb share the blame. That doesn't mean the WR is blameless. Some of that offensive mediocrity rests on Evans shoulders as well.

If memory serves, Reed dropped a hell of a lot of passes that year too. I always believed the pressure of being the #2 guy was a bit much for him. I'd still take him as the role player he was the last couple of years though.

Maybe because blaming Lee for the Bills offensive problems is like blaming the polar bears for global warming. At catching seals, polar bears are death on wheels. At cutting greenhouse gases, not quite so good. In both cases, blaming Lee and blaming the polar bears, the accuser has missed the point.

Reed would have been great slot receiver on a team with a QB and a cohesive offensive system. He'd look like a poor man's Wes Welker, especially if there was ANY threat of a BILLS' QB completing a pass outside the hash marks that actually traveled beyond the line of scrimmage.

I'm not sure there's been a more under-utilized player in the NFL. Reed played the early part of his career with Bledsoe, who couldn't accurately throw an intermediate pass between the hash marks if his career depended on it. He moved on to Losman, who had a fastball, no change up, no presence, and no ability to read anything beyond whoever was running the deepest route on any given play. Next up, Trentative and Fitzpatrick - 2 QBs defenses don't have to respect at all.

That's without getting into the ridiculous offensive "coordination" we've had the for over a decade.

So we agree!