J.P Losman ??

I never saw J.P. play in college so i can't say if he was worth a first round pick , but Donahoe must have thought so . What i was wondering is , do any of the Bills fans think that with other weapons , a different or should i say a better coach & staff , along with a better line do you think J.P. could have developed into a better Q.B. ??

You got to admit his 2006 year wasn't that bad (i think it was 2006) and the guy had a gun ,he could definitely sling it down the field !! I just wonder if given the chance under a different circumstance & being able to stay with one good coach for more than a season if he may have done better all the way around ??

Go ahead tell me what kind of (&@^%$%$*) i am for even thinking that way !! I can take it !!! :thumbsup:

Losman did get better. But he never had a feel for the pocket, fumbled a lot, was the statistical opposite of clutch, and never really understood the game. He would miss five yard comebacks. He was an irredeemable headcase.

I never saw J.P. play in college so i can't say if he was worth a first round pick , but Donahoe must have thought so . What i was wondering is , do any of the Bills fans think that with other weapons , a different or should i say a better coach & staff , along with a better line do you think J.P. could have developed into a better Q.B. ??

You got to admit his 2006 year wasn't that bad (i think it was 2006) and the guy had a gun ,he could definitely sling it down the field !! I just wonder if given the chance under a different circumstance & being able to stay with one good coach for more than a season if he may have done better all the way around ??

Go ahead tell me what kind of (&@^%$%$*) i am for even thinking that way !! I can take it !!! :worthy:

As I recall the 2006 season, JP's "good year", most of his success came on two or three big plays per game...there wasn't a lot of consistency. I will admit, going into 2007, I thought we were finally set at QB...but we all know what happened. Losman got hurt, right out of the gate, Edwards came in, looked promising, and JP pretty much bombed at every opportunity he had to get the job back from Edwards. And, he had chances. To me, JP never really looked comfortable on the field. No question, he was athletic, but he often looked to be in a panic state, when he didn't need to be. Watching him try to get plays called (and I realize the coaching staff deserves some blame here) was frustrating, and, he just almost always seem to make the worst decisions in crunch time...not that the Bills have been in many "crunch time" situations over the last few years... you may not be a (&@^%$%$*) for thinking that way....but there really is little point in re-hashing all of this again...JP Losman is not going to walk through that door!

A major part of playing QB in the NFL is the ability to retain confidence in yourself no matter what happens, JP clearly lost his when he was first yanked by Mularkey and replaced by Kelly Holcomb and then again by Jauron and replaced by Trent Edwards. He was always looking over his shoulder thinking he will get yanked again if he makes a mistake, he was so worried about making mistakes that it stopped him from playing from instinct and starting him over thinking everything.

QB's look lost when they lose their confidence and JP sure looked lost his last years in Buffalo. The kid had all the physical tools to be a really good QB, a strong arm and he could make all the throws just like Jim Kelly, he just lacked the mental capacity and confidence of Kelly.

Young QB's need someone to mentor them and help them correct the mistakes they make and they need continuity, the same coaches, the same system, the same play caller and the same scheme. All of those things constantly changed for JP. Then after Mike Mularkey left the Bills JP never really had a decent offensive mind to help him.

Steve Fairchild never called plays in St Louis while he was the OC under Mike Martz, he called them in Buffalo and the fans couldn't stand him for it because he stunk, the game plans stunk....and fans were ecstatic when he quit. So what does Dickhead Jauron do? He goes and promotes the guy under Martz to run the very same scheme and calls the same type of plays Fairchild called. Then Jauron fires him two weeks before the season starts and promotes the guy under him...to call the same type of plays in the very same system :worthy:

It should be fun to watch the Bills offense this year as they finally have an offensive minded head coach who will be calling the offensive plays.

Go ahead tell me what kind of (&@^%$%$*) i am for even thinking that way !! I can take it !!! :worthy:

One (1) second off... J.P.'s ability to process the game at the NFL level was simply not there and because of that he was almost always one-step behind on his decisions and then making execution errors because he was out of step with the speed of the game. Hard thing to coach, only experience and confidence overcome it. J.P. needed more time to learn and some never do. That One (1) second is the difference between success and failure for a decision-maker in the NFL. When you have that edge, and know you do, they call you cocky and you play like Jim Kelly! I hope J.P. eventually realizes his true potential. His tenure here, and how it went, was definitely not all on him. He was completely mismanaged! Good luck J.P. and do your thing Chan, let's hope our new coach can live up to his rep as a miracle worker with the talent he has to work with. One thing is for sure it can't get much worse. I for one am very optimistic! Go Bills and here's to hope...

Losman did get better. But he never had a feel for the pocket, fumbled a lot, was the statistical opposite of clutch, and never really understood the game. He would miss five yard comebacks. He was an irredeemable headcase.

Can you define headcase for me? I don't disagree with the other things you've said, but if you and I have the same definition of headcase then on that we disagree.

One (1) second off... J.P.'s ability to process the game at the NFL level was simply not there and because of that he was almost always one-step behind on his decisions and then making execution errors because he was out of step with the speed of the game. Hard thing to coach, only experience and confidence overcome it. J.P. needed more time to learn and some never do. That One (1) second is the difference between success and failure for a decision-maker in the NFL. When you have that edge, and know you do, they call you cocky and you play like Jim Kelly! I hope J.P. eventually realizes his true potential. His tenure here, and how it went, was definitely not all on him. He was completely mismanaged! Good luck J.P. and do your thing Chan, let's hope our new coach can live up to his rep as a miracle worker with the talent he has to work with. One thing is for sure it can't get much worse. I for one am very optimistic! Go Bills and here's to hope...

He had very little time to throw, looked deep first and never seemed to be able to throw the ball away rather than take a sack or try to run.

If he had adequate pass protection and a platoon of Jerry Rice's to throw to, things might have worked out differently.