Engineers? Accountants? Investors?

I'm an accountant; when I was actually "in" accounting, I performed financial audits on companies (which are required of all public companies and most private companies), which basically means verifying the amounts in the financial statements.

Then I moved over to the corporate world, where you can end up being anything from an Accounts Payable clerk to a CFO. Depending on the company, industry and whether it's public or private, there is a huge range of daily duties you might end up doing. I spend most of my day doing things that have nothing to do with accounting.

And of course, you could not go to the corporate world at all; government world, investment world, etc. all present a different range of tasks.

Engineers do lots of things.

I had 2 different roles as engineer:

(1) I was a lab engineer. I worked in a lab that did thermal testing on windows and doors. My job was to set up the tests, make sure they ran correctly, and then "rate" the windows for rating agencies. When something broke in the testing labs, my job was to fix it if I could, or know when to call in someone to fix it.

(2) I was in project management for a environmental cleanup company. My job was to oversee the designs, design changes, and implementation of the designs in the field. I also made sure the job stayed on schedule and budget.

Then I went to law school and now I'm a patent attorney, helping engineers turn their inventions into patents.

First, I put on my seersucker overalls and cap

Then I yell at the colored kids that they aren't shoveling the coal in fast enough

A nip or two of Black Velvet out of my flask

The best part of the day is when I pull the whistle as we go by the psych center......some of them get so excited that they punch their nurse right in the chest

If anyone here partakes in an occupation or career in these fields... can you explain your typical day along with job duties? Thanks alot.

I'm an engineer.

I work in the distribution control center of an electric utility. I work with the system operators on load transfers, outage restoration, and load switching for maintenance and emergencies.

I recently got a new position to start working with outside contractors to get my company up and running with a new distribution management system.

I'm an engineer by degree and consider myself as a problem solver. Current position I have to know something of a lot of things. Worked my way through the ranks of developing tools to fabricate parts, complete manufacturing cells, advanced parts / processes for new products, coordinating product development for other clients, project management for internal product development. I'm not doing the analysis or crunching the numbers, but someone has to keep the cats all moving in the same direction.

I've lost a lot investing.

I've invested my life in being a BILLS fan. There were a couple good years in the 60's to get me hooked, a few more in the late 80's into the 90's but not so hot since.

I think I'll follow the advice of Gold Expert/Convicted fellon Gordon Liddy and buy GOLD! :doh: