TD: 11

Eric Moulds (WR):

receptions: 63

yards: 772

AVG: 12.3

Long: 49

TD: 4

so

1) who the hell is antonio gates??? when did he get so good???

2) and how does he have better numbers than moulds as a TE???

i just thaught that was strange.

Antonio Gates is a former basketball player at Kent State and played on a team that nearly went to the Final Four in 2002.

He is basically new to the game of football, but obviously he is a very gifted athlete. Some thought his stats were misleading early in the year because he sort of came out of nowhere. That argument doesn't hold water now because we are now through 11 games of the season, and he has clearly been the main target all season long, yet he continues to produce.

His quarterback is playing at a Pro Bowl level and Tomlinson is the best running back in the league. That helps Gates produce.

I don't know if you are knocking Moulds or what. Moulds is a very good receiver. Gates is probably the second-best (or best) tight end in the NFL.

Antonio Gates (TE):   

recetions: 69

yards: 795

AVG:  11.5

long: 29

TD: 11

Eric Moulds (WR):

receptions: 63

yards: 772

AVG: 12.3

Long: 49

TD: 4

so

1) who the hell is antonio gates??? when did he get so good???

2) and how does he have better numbers than moulds as a TE???

i just thaught that was strange.

140073[/snapback]

1) Former Basketball player at Kent State, played Power Forward. Think Tony G. with more athletic ability, they guy is a pure freak. Runs like a WR, Jumps like a WR, and catches like a WR all in a 6-4 260 pound frame.

Went un-drafted and picked up by the Chargers last year so this is his second season as a pro. In case you have not followed the Chargers this year Gates has become Drew Brees favorite Red Zone player, hence the 11 TD's. IMO he is currently the best TE in the NFL.

2) They use him like KC uses Tony G. He gets 15 throws or so a game and most of them he simply posts up DB's and plays catch with Brees.

Sounds like I'm part of the Antonio Gates fan club but he really is fun to watch. A Dominating player in only his second year after going un-drafted, pretty incredible if you ask me.

I am card-carrying member of the Antonio Gates fan club!!

I had him as my #1 rated TE going into the fantasy draft and I got him in the 10th round. Little known fact, but he had the best stats for a TE last season over the last seven games or so (better receptions, yards, and TD's than both Tony G and Heap). Anyway, I have been very "pleased" with his 11 TD's this season!! :doh:

A few years ago, some NFL type said that the reason that there were so few good TE's is because all the best prospects were playing power forward in the NBA.  Didn't Euhus play basketball, and if so, what position?

140171[/snapback]

Not sure on Euhus but I know it was Brian Billick who made that comment about the TE position.