Antonio Coleman

There is an article about him posted on this website today. I think we've found a diamond in the rough with this guy. It's just a gut feeling, but I think he's going to be a really solid pass rusher for us.

Practice squad. Just a guess. I'm reading the article and it says that he played in a tough conference and produced so why did everyone pass on him?? There's gotta be something missing here and remember, most of the guys writing these articles are just as hopeful as you and I to find a "diamond in the rough" when in fact they are writting these types of future "i told you so" articles so they can look back and say that they were the first to mention it. I only hope that the guy turns out to be effective but slim to none on that in my opinion. Just an opinion nothing more nothing less.

Yes, Jason Peters does happen every so often. It's all a crap shoot. Ultimately, we seem to get lucky with UDFA and late round picks more often than not. But, that may be by desperation and default rather than by design.

There is an article about him posted on this website today. I think we've found a diamond in the rough with this guy. It's just a gut feeling, but I think he's going to be a really solid pass rusher for us.

I knew about this guy before the article written today. When Buffalo signed him a few weeks ago I had to pick my jaw up off the floor. I probably watch SEC football as much or more than the NFL, and trust me, this kid is GOOD. I guarantee that the only reason he got passed is "size". He's kind of a tweener... too small for DL and not quite a LB body either, based on "classic NFL stats". But I think teams are SO STUPID for looking at these things and having them outweigh what you see on the field. Maybe he's not a top-3 pick because of size, but not even drafted? That's crazy. This is the SEC he was playing in. I think Buffalo did a GREAT job in this draft - but in this case they just got lucky. A guy that should have been a 4th or 5th rounder at worst signed with them because he probably thinks he has a chance to prove himself on Buffalo's roster.

I knew about this guy before the article written today. When Buffalo signed him a few weeks ago I had to pick my jaw up off the floor. I probably watch SEC football as much or more than the NFL, and trust me, this kid is GOOD. I guarantee that the only reason he got passed is "size". He's kind of a tweener... too small for DL and not quite a LB body either, based on "classic NFL stats". But I think teams are SO STUPID for looking at these things and having them outweigh what you see on the field. Maybe he's not a top-3 pick because of size, but not even drafted? That's crazy. This is the SEC he was playing in. I think Buffalo did a GREAT job in this draft - but in this case they just got lucky. A guy that should have been a 4th or 5th rounder at worst signed with them because he probably thinks he has a chance to prove himself on Buffalo's roster.

Hey, that is encouraging <_< I especially like the "passed over" part. We can trot out the cliches, "chip on his shoulder", "something to prove", but I will settle for "forces Keith Ellison off the team".

Body type seems to be the easy way out for most scouts. And, it's probably a good way to keep your job as a scout. But, if "everybody else is doing it", then everybody else misses the same opportunity.

At 2:35, he literally sacks the QB by throwing the offensive lineman into him :thumbsup:

That's a bad mother shut your mouth.

I guess I don't know anything about anything, because a 6 minute highlight video of domination in the SEC seems pretty impressive. I don't even know how long his fingers are supposed to be, or what his bench reps should be, or his vertical... Again, a fool like me would probably go off of something like what a player does on the field.

Oh...he also showed more emotion in a 6 minute clip than I have seen out of Schobel/Kelsay and crew, combined.

Outside "body type" and "size" the only knock I found on him was that he loses his feet often and tends to leave the ground to make tackles. Being suseptable t cut blocks and launching yourself into tackles doesn't bode well for transition to the NFL...but say what you want, leading the toughest division in the NCAA in both sacks and tackles for a loss speaks for itself. I think he was a steal and I can ony hope he transitions into a situation type monster. :thumbsup:

ps...took a while for me to find anything negative and this is only one "expert's" opinion.