Players most likely to be cut after this season if they underperform?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the new D ends that we've drafted i think if Stroud doesn't perform he'll be gone (which i hope he's not) if Joquie Bell shows as much talent in mini camp as he did in college Marshawn may be gone this year hopefully via trade , I could see a healthy Wood taking over the center spot for Hangartener . But i think the biggest surprise player this year is going to be one of 2 players , I've always had a real good feeling about Steve Johnson & James Hardy ------ i don't know why i just do (hey that would be a great song !!)

You honestly think they would just cut Evans? Seriously? No way. I think he could easily get us a 1st, especially from one of the better teams that actually could use another WR. I also think they would take what they could get for Stroud.

Anquan Boldin - a reciever who is much better than Evans - gets traded for 3rd and 4th round picks, then signs a contract paying him less than Evans deal, and you think a team is going to give up a first round pick for Evans?

Santonio Homlmes - a reciever who is better than Evans - gets traded for a 5th round pick (albeit he had a pending suspension) and Evans is going to draw a 1st round pick?

You need to face reality my friend, literally no team would trade a 1st for Evans with his current contract, in fact, I bet he would clear waivers if he were cut.

Anquan Boldin - a reciever who is much better than Evans - gets traded for 3rd and 4th round picks, then signs a contract paying him less than Evans deal, and you think a team is going to give up a first round pick for Evans?

Santonio Homlmes - a reciever who is better than Evans - gets traded for a 5th round pick (albeit he had a pending suspension) and Evans is going to draw a 1st round pick?

You need to face reality my friend, literally no team would trade a 1st for Evans with his current contract, in fact, I bet he would clear waivers if he were cut.

Your opinion and I respect that. I just don't see it. The other two WR's that you claim are better had the benefit of playing with all around better talent around them. The contract may be a sticking point, I'll give you that, but Evans is younger Boldin, a different caliber of WR, has no off the field issues whatsoever unlike Holmes, and is the consumate professional. I think people's perspective of the guy would be much different if he had been able to play with QB's the likes of Warner and Roethlisberger. He'd be putting up All Pro #'s year in and year out, IMO. I do also believe that teams in the top tier of the league (playoff teams) would give up a 1st for Evans, especially if he would be willing to restructure his contract, because of the dimension he could bring to their offense. Just my 2 cents though. :thumbsup:

edit: Hold up, I didn't realize that Lee is 29 already. Wow. I was thinking he was like 27. :nana: Well, he's younger by 8 days. :wallbash: