Cushing wins re-vote

How Childish. Trues colors are coming out there John, I guess (I)we can't have and meaningful conversation with you because you obviously are out matched and have resorted to grade school tactics. But I after seeing how some of your fellow writers think I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

when dealing with grade schoolers, sometimes you've gotta plunge to their level.

any meaningful conversation you or billsfan=pain were attempting to have was missing the pertinent point that no AP writer was involved in the vote.

however you attempt to backpedal from your original stances which are well-documented, and after billsfan=pain suggested i pump something up someone's behind is interpreted as adult dialogue and/or meaningful is quite beyond me.

jw

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey JW, if you take Billsfan=pain seriously you'll just give yourself a headache, much like the kids poor ex-wife. Just a suggestion but it would be useful to sports fans if the sports media in many cases would not grand stand so much when it comes to positive tests. There are so many cases where I'll get sucked into some 2 or 3 page self-rightous opinion just to find ZERO information on what was taken, if it was a supplement that is laced (which is not uncommon), and if so show just a little bit of investigative reporting and explain the situation fully. It's ignorant that many sports writers are referring to what he took as a non-steroid. It is one of many illegally obtained products that a steroid user must take to attempt to restore normal testosterone levels in a heavy steroid user post cycle. It is an antagonist to most men's endocrine system and if dosed properly can in and of itself support an unnatural level of test. Juice heads are everywhere and magazines are brazen with this information, and you and your ilk by and large refuse to ever include the specifics of what was taken and educate adults and most importantly children on how they cheated, why it's cheating, and why no sane person should play God with their bodies with do it yourself chemistry kits made in some a*****e's basement. Just a thought. Every young person that attends college for athletics will be tempted and/or pressured into using. It's everywhere and chances are you are competing against someone who is using. It's an ugly truth that never seems to get confronted and young bodies and minds get ruined in the process.

Why do you have Rick Flair as avatar?

just another in one of the most pathetic statements and/or stances that these worthless no-talent hacks have made. there was an opportunity to stand up and be someone and actually do the right thing and in their typical behavior they made the decision to be no-one, a non-entity, a nothing in the correct fight against cheating in sports. pathetic . . . just pathetic . . . not surprising though considering who was involved.

when dealing with grade schoolers, sometimes you've gotta plunge to their level.

any meaningful conversation you or billsfan=pain were attempting to have was missing the pertinent point that no AP writer was involved in the vote.

however you attempt to backpedal from your original stances which are well-documented, and after billsfan=pain suggested i pump something up someone's behind is interpreted as adult dialogue and/or meaningful is quite beyond me.

jw

You didn't answer my question? Why did the AP put a proven cheater on the ballot?

jw

After I disgreed with you started your grade school tactics becuase you know your wrong!

You didn't answer my question? Why did the AP put a proven cheater on the ballot?

there is no actual ballot. the vote is open to all rookies as it was originally in January, when there was no knowledge of Cushing's positive test, and well before the appeal process was exhausted.

as my good friend Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog has pointed out on several occasions, to bar Cushing would have influenced the voting by not allowing the actual voters make up their own minds.

those voters -- none of them AP writers, i might add -- made up their own minds, and this was the result.

jw

there is no actual ballot. the vote is open to all rookies as it was originally in January, when there was no knowledge of Cushing's positive test, and well before the appeal process was exhausted.

as my good friend Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog has pointed out on several occasions, to bar Cushing would have influenced the voting by not allowing the actual voters make up their own minds.

those voters -- none of them AP writers, i might add -- made up their own minds, and this was the result.

jw

What if someone that plagiarised and won the pulitzer prize for journalism? Would you want them to be eligible for the award again? I really hope not because it would say it all right to cheat.

But wait it might affect the outcome! The AP decided to revote because they were afraid of the backlash

What if someone that plagiarised and won the pulitzer prize for journalism? Would you want them to be eligible for the award again? I really hope not because it would say it all right to cheat.

But wait it might affect the outcome! The AP decided to revote because they were afraid of the backlash

whatever. ... why not bring up your Ponteus Pilate point again to see if that one flies?

jw

jw

Would you guys let Lawrence Phillips get the award if he was a rookie?

Why do you have Rick Flair as avatar?

I was looking for a humorous image and there it is. About 1.3 seconds of thought went into it. Reality Check took about 3.5 seconds. Funnily enough I'm pretty sure that you've given it a lot more thought than I have.

From how many sides do you need to have the same thing reexplained? jw is not advocating any position. AP's position is the same as the Pulitzer organization. If a winning writer was deemed to have plagiarized, then the organization can move to rescind the award and the judges may vote again. The author can resubmit that work and the judges can vote on that same piece of fraudulent work and the writer can win again.

This is not that difficult of a concept. AP opens the ballot for EVERY SINGLE ROOKIE and non-AP writers get to vote.

The AP didn't vote. Read what John wrote and don't blame the AP. Look up the voters and how they voted and blame them if you want, but don't blame the organizers of the vote.

that is so wrong - of course you blame the organizers of the vote - it's called the ap rookie of the year award - why? . . . it's their award - it is their responsibility because it is their award - they bask in the glory of it every year . . . except this year where they wallow in the manure of it.

just another in one of the most pathetic statements and/or stances that these worthless no-talent hacks have made. there was an opportunity to stand up and be someone and actually do the right thing and in their typical behavior they made the decision to be no-one, a non-entity, a nothing in the correct fight against cheating in sports. pathetic . . . just pathetic . . . not surprising though considering who was involved.

I wasn't aware that it was the job of these no-talent hacks to "make statements" and fight cheating in sports. But apparently it is.

I'll ask once again, how is the NFL getting a free pass here? Why is it not the NFL's job to fight cheating in their own sport, and actually suspend an offending player within a reasonable amount of time of his offense?

What if the Texans made the playoffs, went to the Super Bowl, and Cushing was voted the MVP after a huge performance in leading Houston to victory??? Would that award be revoked? Would the Super Bowl be revoked?

The NFL dragged their feet here. The AP even issuing a re-vote was a mistake, nobody really cares about these awards.

By the way, Offensive ROY Percy Harvin failed a drug test at the combine. Marijuana. What kind of message is this for the children??? Waaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!! REVOTE!!!

From how many sides do you need to have the same thing reexplained? jw is not advocating any position. AP's position is the same as the Pulitzer organization. If a winning writer was deemed to have plagiarized, then the organization can move to rescind the award and the judges may vote again. The author can resubmit that work and the judges can vote on that same piece of fraudulent work and the writer can win again.

This is not that difficult of a concept. AP opens the ballot for EVERY SINGLE ROOKIE and non-AP writers get to vote.

Your wrong, if a writer is deemed to have plagarized, he cannot be awarded the Pulitzer! I has happened in the past.

Mort declined to vote the second time around because we're too far removed from the season in May? What a kitty. Vote for Maybin but at least cast your vote. It's not taht hard to revisit the season and figure out who you like.

What I don't understand is why the anti-writers campaigns are allowed to go on at all. This is either an anti-writer campaign or an anti-jw campaign. Either way, it's something that would be out of hand even on PPP. Not that jw can't handle it but it really distracts from board, don't laugh, decorum.