QB's, mini-camp

After watching the footage that bb.com has posted, I couldn't help but notice a difference between the 2 QB's, Brohm and Brown. I know Brohm had a few nice throws, 1 being a 40 yarder; but, it seems he had a lot of passes knocked down and some intercepted. Upon watching Brown, I did not see that. I saw looking off, a lively arm, heads up type plays. I did not see any negative footage. If there was can someone please fill me in a little bit more?

After watching the footage that bb.com has posted, I couldn't help but notice a difference between the 2 QB's, Brohm and Brown. I know Brohm had a few nice throws, 1 being a 40 yarder; but, it seems he had a lot of passes knocked down and some intercepted. Upon watching Brown, I did not see that. I saw looking off, a lively arm, heads up type plays. I did not see any negative footage. If there was can someone please fill me in a little bit more?

Okay, here we go with the "Brown should start" debate.

We've got so little to go on with those 2 QB's. My take: I like the impression I get from Brown better than Brohm. Brohm doesn't come off as very intelligent, nor certain. I think you need to be certain of your skills as a NFL QB. I also like the arm on Brown. At least we can be sure they aren't playing favorites, so the best QB will be out there when the games count.

A little off subject, but I doubt Fitzpatrick will be here come reg. season. His play doesn't justify his salary, and they know what they've got there - at best a second stringer.

footage/reporting was very limited, but that did seem to be true. I was more impressed w/ Brown.

Just hope if he turns out good, he doesnt get thrown to the wolves too soon.

footage/reporting was very limited, but that did seem to be true. I was more impressed w/ Brown.

Just hope if he turns out good, he doesnt get thrown to the wolves too soon.

Brown's got a nice, compact delivery and the ball seems to really zip out of his hand. Never liked Brohm's throwing motion going back to Louisville. Looks like a hitch where he brings the ball closer to his ear when his arm comes forward. He sacrifices a lot of velocity doing that. Edwards has mechanical flaws too that I think will always compromise his ability to get the ball down the field.

Brown's got a nice, compact delivery and the ball seems to really zip out of his hand. Never liked Brohm's throwing motion going back to Louisville. Looks like a hitch where he brings the ball closer to his ear when his arm comes forward. He sacrifices a lot of velocity doing that. Edwards has mechanical flaws too that I think will always compromise his ability to get the ball down the field.

One of the post-draft reports had said that Levi Brown had the quickest release among all QBs drafted this year.

I don't know if it was the combine numbers or quite where it came from, but it is very interesting point if it is true.

I had only seen Brown in a bowl game, when Troy played Central Michigan and the great Dan Lefevour. Both QBs looked pretty good as I recall (unscientifically).

Wait till the preseason. We still have TE and Fitz as of right now as well. I do believe that Brohm will end up being the odd man out in camp at some point though.

Guest dog14787
keep in mind that brohm was probably working with the first team more

With just Rookies and young players I'm not so sure there was much of a difference.