Guys, this starting front-five is a disaster

Please. Hangartner was awful all season long. TiVo the games. Watch the way he was immediately stood up on all running plays. Was Demetrius Bell looking good before the injury?

I call hyperbole. The O line was fine till Butler went down. Not great but adequate at pass protection. And they blocked well for the run all season long. As for Hang you are aware he played at least half of last season with a bad back?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's been re-hashed again and again, but I still can't come to grips with it.

How on Earth is this offense going to do ANYTHING with the starting front-five looking like it is now?

Assume no trade for Gaither (it becomes less likely each day). Your starting front-five looks like this:

D. Bell (coming off of serious knee injury; wasn't strong enough or good enough before the injury)

Levitre (solid but young)

Hangartner (average-to-below-average last year, but at least he has some experience)

Wood (coming off of serious leg injury; may not be ready for season)

Green (old; sucks)

Backups are Meredith, Wang, Hennessy, Calloway.

Yikes.

I fail to see how this unit holds up for one game, let alone an entire season. Very little talent, almost no experience, and ZERO depth. Is this coaching staff setting itself up for disaster? I understand that Rome wasn't built in a day, but they've done almost NOTHING to address what was the weakest (and most important) link heading into the offseason.

I know the common refrain is that this team still ran the ball fairly well last year with the line in shambles, and that Gailey's playcalling and schemes will help make up the difference. Well, I'm calling B.S. on that argument. This team couldn't run a normal offense last year because it had no blockers. If I hear Gailey say during a post-game interview - even one freakin' time - that the offense wasn't able to be effective because the blocking wasn't holding up, then he will officially have lost me. There are no excuses. Either they have a plan, or they plan to fail.

Really, look at this roster and tell me you're not terrified.

I can't understand why they would go back into this season with that front five. I see us winning 3 to 4 games at best.

Relax. Bills will fill the LT position before training camp with a FA signing and WANG will start at RT. Cornell Green is a back-up at best. No way he starts.

Only unknown is whether Wood will be back for the start of the season.