Jackson performance VS Lynch

What do you want a 30 year sample size? LOL. Their careers don't last that long. Relative to the length of the average career a sample size of 3 years is pretty decent in my opinion. I know people hate on Lynch for his stupidity off field but the guy is a better producer at RB.

You're talking about a grand total of 4 tds last year. The previous seasons are comparing apples to hand grenades (see above post). Thomas Jones only had 1 td a couple years ago and scored several the following season (sorry for the vagueness) He was the same guy in different circumstances.

Point being, stats only tell part of the story anyway, and when you're talking about #s like that it's not all that conclusive. Just sayin.

Am I the only one who wants to keep all three backs? They all have pros and cons and they can all help the offense. Why do we need to choose? Are we the ones paying them?

No. Nix agrees with you. It's just that posters here don't like him, for pretty silly reasons; therefore, they think he should be traded.

Am I the only one who wants to keep all three backs? They all have pros and cons and they can all help the offense. Why do we need to choose? Are we the ones paying them?

Sounds like a great idea, especially given Spiller's versatility. You could even put 2 or 3 of them on the field at the same time, say split backs w/ one in the slot. It could give defenses a lot of looks they're not used to seeing.

How about you post both of their stats from last year instead of distorting the numbers? Watch the games. Freddy is clearly the better back; he is more elusive, sees and hits the holes, and runs north/south.

Take away the game that the Bills fed the ball to Jackson against the Colts practice squad and he averaged something like 4.16 ypc. Lynch averaged like 3.8. Not really that big a difference.

How about you post both of their stats from last year instead of distorting the numbers? Watch the games. Freddy is clearly the better back; he is more elusive, sees and hits the holes, and runs north/south.

You are right. Watch the tape and you will see Marshawn dancing. He no longer hits the hole like he did the pedestrian on Chippewa St.

No. Nix agrees with you. It's just that posters here don't like him, for pretty silly reasons; therefore, they think he should be traded.

This thread was not meant to demean Jackson's contributions, but to rebut all the negativism directed at Lynch. I believe all 3 have a place on the team, but I do agree if Spiller is the real deal his talents duplicate Jackson's with much more speed.

For all you Jackson fans I'd like to offer some actual numbers as opposed to people's perception's.

Career stats:

Fred: 425 carries for a 4.5 avg, 5 rushing TD's, 105 receptions for an 8.5 avg, 2 rec TD's, 5 fumbles, 3 lost, 1 TD pass

Marshawn: 650 carries for a 4.0 Avg, 17 rushing TD's, 93 receptions for an 8.6 avg 1 rec TD, 7 fumbles, 3 lost, 1 TD pass

Fred had 530 touches Vs Marchawns 743. Clearly Lynch has been the more productive back beacuse this game is all about TD's 8 VS 19 just doesn't cut it.

you should really be looking at last years stats instead of career stats not to mention Lynch is one more dumb decision away from missing an entire year and came back last year after his suspension looking completely out of shape

Jackson was the Bills best player last year and outperformed Lynch behind the same awful o-line and showed a lot more desire when he was in there

My sentiments exactly ... Marshawn did not run with authority on the field in the past year, and he ran away from it off the field. Ask yourself, if he was given (only) every carry Jackson got last year, would Beast Mode have manufactured a 1,000 yard season like Fred did? I think not ... especially given the epileptic way he hesitantly approaches the hole while thrashing his dreads side-to-side (with apologies to any epileptics)

And there is no better mentor for a young greenhorn like Spiller than Freddie. I just loved the tidbit that was in the paper last season about how, after taking over as HC, Perry Fewell approached Jackson one day in practice, and said something to the effect of "I'd just like to shake your hand ... for the way you approach the game and go about your business."

you should really be looking at last years stats instead of career stats not to mention Lynch is one more dumb decision away from missing an entire year and came back last year after his suspension looking completely out of shape

Jackson was the Bills best player last year and outperformed Lynch behind the same awful o-line and showed a lot more desire when he was in there

How thoughtful. Why look at a larger body of work as a better indicater? Because it wouldn't prove your point, thats why.

Jackson had a couple of big games to start the season and one when he was force fed to a less than interested Indy team but in between his stats were no better than or perhaps worse than Lynch's. I keep reading how Lynch got the touches near the goal line instead of Jackson. thats why he has so many more TD's I wonder why that is???? I'll tell you, it's because the staff felt Lynch had a much better chance to score, and as I said before stats and moving the chain's don't mean squat if you don't capitolize on your opportunities.

For all you Jackson fans I'd like to offer some actual numbers as opposed to people's perception's.

Career stats:

Fred: 425 carries for a 4.5 avg, 5 rushing TD's, 105 receptions for an 8.5 avg, 2 rec TD's, 5 fumbles, 3 lost, 1 TD pass

Marshawn: 650 carries for a 4.0 Avg, 17 rushing TD's, 93 receptions for an 8.6 avg 1 rec TD, 7 fumbles, 3 lost, 1 TD pass

Fred had 530 touches Vs Marchawns 743. Clearly Lynch has been the more productive back beacuse this game is all about TD's 8 VS 19 just doesn't cut it.

Marshawn earned his role last year, and lets not forget that if the OC is too dumb to call Jackson's number inside the 20 then the debate ends their. If you aren't given the opportunities in those redzone situations then there is no debate at all on which guys got the TDs. Another question is why were so many passing plays called inside the 20 when at times the running game was working? Not even play fakes, just drop back and take 3 sacks. Kick the field goal.

Jackson has better hands and seems to be smarter- Marshawn can be a beast but I didn't like the bulking up, intentional bulking up almost always seems to backfire, also Marshawn's running style will probably lead to injuries and a short career.