Seems the clausen pissing off Steve Smith was BS

In response to our item from earlier today regarding initial impressions made by Panthers rookie quarterback Jimmy Clausen, we're told that receiver Steve Smith strongly disputes the notion that he believes Clausen is a "punk."

We're told that Smith already has sent a text message to Clausen stating the it's "all BS."

Also, Smith will appear on WFNZ tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m. ET in Charlotte to tell his side of the story. I'll be appearing on WFNZ at some point thereafter, during which time I'll surely say once (or more than once) what I'm about to say right now.

"We stand by our story."

Let me say this, Florio is an assclown. He, Schefter etal don't know **** and it has never been more apperant with all the horrible, incorrect reporting going on this offseason. I love how Nix and Ralph laughed at Denver etal. for thinking we were taking Tebow when we had no desire to do so.

That said, for those that think Smith is a punk don't know him. I have met him, he is a leader, he is passionate to be the best and to win. He attends my uncles church in NC a lot and they have gotten to know him and agree he is a good guy.

Darth. Take your medications. Relax. It's a beautiful day and it's Saturday.

Firstly, the allegations are not that Smith is a punk. The allegations are that Clausen might be a punk.

So don't worry about defending Smith. As usual, you're reacting emotionally, not rationally. Love your passion...

Florio passed along anecdotal evidence that he got from an unnamed team source. In other words, he spoke with a person on the Panthers who gave him a perspective on the Steve Smith/Clausen relationship.

As I posted before, the "story" is based upon one person's (within the Panthers) opinion.

That being the case, the alleged friction between Smith and Clausen cannot be given too much weight nor can it be dismissed out of hand, either.

Florio declined to go on radio with Smith because he knew it would basically be a "he said, she said" situation.

Florio has restated that he stands by his story. Smith can deny it all he wants, but someone else in the Carolina organization believes that Smith has gotten off to a bad start with Clausen. That's all there is to it.

Why couldn't your post have been added to the existing thread on this subject?

Darth. Take your medications. Relax. It's a beautiful day and it's Saturday.

Firstly, the allegations are not that Smith is a punk. The allegations are that Clausen might be a punk.

So don't worry about defending Smith. As usual, you're reacting emotionally, not rationally. Love your passion...

Florio passed along anecdotal evidence that he got from an unnamed team source. In other words, he spoke with a person on the Panthers who gave him a perspective on the Steve Smith/Clausen relationship.

As I posted before, the "story" is based upon one person's (within the Panthers) opinion.

That being the case, the alleged friction between Smith and Clausen cannot be given too much weight nor can it be dismissed out of hand, either.

Florio declined to go on radio with Smith because he knew it would basically be a "he said, she said" situation.

Florio has restated that he stands by his story. Smith can deny it all he wants, but someone else in the Carolina organization believes that Smith has gotten off to a bad start with Clausen. That's all there is to it.

Why couldn't your post have been added to the existing thread on this subject?

Or Florio like usual has no idea what hes talking about. I mean the guy always says "according to sources" and half the time it turns out to be over exaggerated or completely false. Every time Florio reports something it seems like he is trying to stir things up when theres no story

Or Florio like usual has no idea what hes talking about. I mean the guy always says "according to sources" and half the time it turns out to be over exaggerated or completely false. Every time Florio reports something it seems like he is trying to stir things up when theres no story

Florio is a ass clown

So basically you guys are calling Florio a liar.

If that's what you mean, that's what you should say. Just so there's no misunderstanding.

If you're going to talk tough, don't mince words.

This jimmy Clasuen as punk garbage is pretty ridiculous. If I were him i would have a chip on my shoulder by now. A QB with some sort of backbone would be a welcome addition to alot of ****ty teams. I'm sure if he throws a ball to Steve Smith he could care less if jimmy seems to have an heir of confidence(entitlement). He is a rookie, but who do the Panthers have to play Qb? Matt someone I can't remember. They need a leader who isn't apt to break someones face if they are challenged in practice. Clausen could have fallen in to the perfect situation, but drama is alot more interesting to write about then what his deep out looked like. people who put credibility into all these rumor sites are the same ones who perpetuate Clausen as punk.

So basically you guys are calling Florio a liar.

If that's what you mean, that's what you should say. Just so there's no misunderstanding.

If you're going to talk tough, don't mince words.

Florio is a liar. He makes **** up and has had issue with Steve Smith for years now and isn't fond of the Panthers Organization.

As a rookie, could there be a worse person to alienate than Steve Smith??? Besides, Clausen better watch out he doesn't end up with a broken jaw from a big right hand, like one the other WR's did a few years back for getting on Smith's bad side...