WECK 1230 AM not doing an announcer draft right now

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really glad you people don't run a radio station.........Today was a big day to talk about sports? I'm as interested in getting a left tackle as the the next guy. But, once you say Yeah, let's get him, what else is left to talk about?

Announcers...

The announcer draft is on WGR on a day where stories are out about the Bills getting a left tackle and I was covering rookie camp all day. I'm not here to talk crap, but you should tune to Hometown WECK 1230 AM (streaming at www.weck1230.com)

Special occasion, Brad's going to take calls... about FOOTBALL (716.783.9325)

Nick

Nick,

I live in Virginia Beach and have to listen over the internet. No offense, but how are we supposed to tell you are going to be on based on your "Programming" web page? I don't see you listed there anywhere. I would much rather listen to Bills talk than some of the drivel on WGR, but throw me a bone here!

Nick,

I live in Virginia Beach and have to listen over the internet. No offense, but how are we supposed to tell you are going to be on based on your "Programming" web page? I don't see you listed there anywhere. I would much rather listen to Bills talk than some of the drivel on WGR, but throw me a bone here!

I'll answer for Nick because I think I know the deal - he'll be on at nights throughout the Yankee season when the Yankees aren't playing a night game (ie when they are off or have a day game)

Announcers...

It beats 4 hours of people calling in with their opinion of how to get the left tackle. I want to hear a few opinions of the guys I know (those on the radio). I don't need mind numbing calls from everybody who has a great idea of how to swing this trade..........For the record, I listened mostly to Brad, as usual, but did listen to a segment of the announcer draft, and I liked it........It's basically about opinions and rankings and I like that stuff. I love doing top ten lists and such........Announcers are a pretty good topic, too, since there are so many opinions about who is good, etc.

It beats 4 hours of people calling in with their opinion of how to get the left tackle.

Funny, IMO the best sports talk radio in Buffalo history (One-on-One Sports) had this quaint philosophy that the callers were the reason for the show, not the hosts. I guess that page got ripped out of the 'format consultant's' playbook a few years back...

QUOTE (bbb @ May 7 2010, 10:01 PM) *

It beats 4 hours of people calling in with their opinion of how to get the left tackle.

Funny, IMO the best sports talk radio in Buffalo history (One-on-One Sports) had this quaint philosophy that the callers were the reason for the show, not the hosts. I guess that page got ripped out of the 'format consultant's' playbook a few years back...

If that type of show got a big audience, they'd be doing it now........I'm as big a sports fan and a bigger sports talk listener than pretty much anybody I know, and I barely ever listened to that.........But, I wouldn't miss it on Monday nights after a Bills game when it was Monday Night Quarterback with John Murphy and Larry Felser. Now that was great Bills talk. It also helped that they were usually talking about wins and important games, unlike in recent years.

PS And, actually I would have to say it's not the callers or the hosts that are the reason for the show, but the listeners. And, as a listener, I really don't care what Joe from Cheektowaga thinks because I don't know who Joe is. IIRC, the reason MNQ worked was because the callers were asking Larry and Murph questions, not so much giving their opinions.

Nick,

No offense taken by any of us. I've only been at WECK for two weeks, and we're redesigning our web page. It's a much-needed overhaul. Thanks for your patience.

BY the way, with the Yanks playing nights, my schedule is nutty next week.

Monday: 4-6:30 p.m. (Filling in for Brad Riter pre-Pearl Jam show)

Wednesday: 9-11 a.m. (Filling in for Bill O'Loughlin)

Thursday: 7-10 p.m. (No Yanks)

I think this is stuff that they should do on their own time and maybe not over the air for everyone to hear, especially at drive time. Unreal. These 2 guys are really getting stale....

The announcer draft is on WGR on a day where stories are out about the Bills getting a left tackle and I was covering rookie camp all day. I'm not here to talk crap, but you should tune to Hometown WECK 1230 AM (streaming at www.weck1230.com)

Special occasion, Brad's going to take calls... about FOOTBALL (716.783.9325)

Nick

Bulldog is a moron, and Schoop is condescending to his audience, the man thinks he is highly intelligent, but has the mind and temperament of a 10 year old, it is by far the worse Radio team on local or national stage. I do not know how the continue with their show, They have always had an AXE to grind against the Bills, I think Schoop likes to think he is above the rest of us.

That station needs

1. A new program director

2. New morning and afternoon hosts

3. A football reporter

Then it might be decent.

I take issue with #2. Howard Simon is quite good.

I take issue with #2. Howard Simon is quite good.

If you say so. I regard him as a jackass who never played sports and certainly knows nothing about football. I listen to be be better informed about sports; it's supposed to be a sports station, not a gossip show telling us what his little kid or dog did yesterday.

No offense taken by any of us. I've only been at WECK for two weeks, and we're redesigning our web page. It's a much-needed overhaul. Thanks for your patience.

BY the way, with the Yanks playing nights, my schedule is nutty next week.

Monday: 4-6:30 p.m. (Filling in for Brad Riter pre-Pearl Jam show)

Wednesday: 9-11 a.m. (Filling in for Bill O'Loughlin)

Thursday: 7-10 p.m. (No Yanks)

Nick,

When you are filling in for Bill O'Laughlin, will you be talking sports?