Marcellus Wiley - 10 sacks in last 41 games

todd

I know there are still people here who think Donahoe sucks, but In comparing the number of good moves compared to bad ones, I think those people are finding it harder and harder to defend their position.

It's taken some time, but Donahoe is proving to be quite an asset to this organization.

Wiley is a pretty good guy.....I would say he ain't a whole helluva lot as a player. He likes to promote himself a bit, but overall he seems to be a genuinely good guy. I think he got beat up in the Thanksgiving game against the Bears.

He left the Bills with a bit too big a chip on his shoulder, when they had the mass exodus to San Diego.

I saw Wiley on tv with a Bob McAdoo Braves throwback jersey on a while back. Classic!

:lol:

Wiley is a pretty good guy.....I would say he ain't a whole helluva lot as a player.  He likes to promote himself a bit, but overall he seems to be a genuinely good guy.  I think he got beat up in the Thanksgiving game against the Bears. 

He left the Bills with a bit too big a chip on his shoulder, when they had the mass exodus to San Diego.

I saw Wiley on tv with a Bob McAdoo Braves throwback jersey on a while back.  Classic!

139223[/snapback]

Marty Schottenheimer made the comment that the Chargers got better over the off-season by getting rid of some players, like Wiley, who were "cancers." He may be a good guy, but he's a bad football player who conned Butler into overpaying for him (gee, what a shock!).

Wiley is to worried about his bling bling, to care about his performance on the field.

139427[/snapback]

I was really surprised that Bill Parcells threw so much money at him (I

think they paid a 5M signing bonus) and signed him this off-season.

Goes to show that Parcells might really have lost it during this coaching stint.

Also, I think Wiley was never interested in staying with the Bills...He wanted

to go back home (LA is his hometown) and liked the warm weather rather

than the buffalo cold.

the ONLY player worthy of his contract that Donahe has let go...the ONLY player...was Ted Washington. Most of those 2000 Bills had ridiculous contracts and never amounted to anything afterwards. Peerless Price is a #2 at best and not tough enough mentally or physically. He had 8 good games and was rarely a factor beyond that. Donahoe got this team Willis McGahee in exchange for the 8 game performance of Peerless.

Donahoe and his staff have done a tremendous job, and we're only NOW beginning to see the fruit of their labors...

You want to see teams that have real problems? Look no further than Miami, Cleveland, 9ers, Raiders, SKins, Chicago, New Orleans, and Az. THOSE are teams with problems.

We should feel lucky that the Bills franchise is in good hands, cuz it is. We will always be contenders, folks. And that's all you can ask for.

I know I posted this previously, but here's a quote from a Nov. 21 football column by Ron Borges of the Boston Globe:

Defensively, Dallas has collapsed from being No. 1 in the league a year ago to No. 28. There are a lot of reasons, and one was the disastrous signing of defensive end Marcellus Wiley. Parcells did some investigating into Wiley before he gave him a $4.5 million signing bonus on a four-year contract, but whatever he was told wasn't right. Instead of getting a pass rusher who would give his defense added pressure on quarterbacks, he ended up with a nitwit who now goes by the nickname "Dat Dude," which is how Wiley introduced himself on "Monday Night Football." He soon may be known as Dat Unemployed Dude.

Wiley has no sacks and barely a dozen tackles. You'd think he'd have at least one sack just by tripping over someone and falling into a quarterback.

Borges column

the ONLY player worthy of his contract that Donahe has let go...the ONLY player...was Ted Washington.

And he didn´t let him go because he wanted to, but because we didn´t have the money to pay what he was asking for. That was a tough pill to take that year - our run D really suffered because of that.

Instead of getting a pass rusher who would give his defense added pressure on quarterbacks, he ended up with a nitwit who now goes by the nickname "Dat Dude," which is how Wiley introduced himself on "Monday Night Football." He soon may be known as Dat Unemployed Dude.

139480[/snapback]

:lol::w00t::w00t:

I know there are still people here who think Donahoe sucks, but In comparing the number of good moves compared to bad ones, I think those people are finding it harder and harder to defend their position.

It's taken some time, but Donahoe is proving to be quite an asset to this organization.

139209[/snapback]

But I still can´t accept trading up to select Ryan Denney... :lol:

And he didn´t let him go because he wanted to, but because we didn´t have the money to pay what he was asking for. That was a tough pill to take that year - our run D really suffered because of that.

Initially they cut him because of the cap. However he was ready to take the deal that he ultimately got from the Bears, i.e. $2.5M a year with a small signing bonus. However as I alluded to above, GW didn't "like fat guys."

Wiley is a pretty good guy.....I would say he ain't a whole helluva lot as a player.  He likes to promote himself a bit, but overall he seems to be a genuinely good guy.  I think he got beat up in the Thanksgiving game against the Bears. 

I saw Wiley on tv with a Bob McAdoo Braves throwback jersey on a while back.  Classic!

139223[/snapback]

I remember the hype about him as a rookie. He started off strong but haven't heard much from him lately. Keeping Moulds instead of Wiley was a wise decision by TD.

I remember the hype about him as a rookie.  He started off strong but haven't heard much from him lately.  Keeping Moulds instead of Wiley was a wise decision by TD.

139691[/snapback]

You obviously weren't here after the Patriots' game. That's why you missed the lemming memo that stated "Moulds sucks too."