Bills hire Darrell Moody

IHFO

this is the news I wanted to hear. I was waiting to see when Buddy would start shaping up the scouting department. I love the Moody hire. it's also good we are expanding the FO. He's got a good head on his shoulders and have a feeling he might steal one ore two more from AJ. He's a good ol southern boy with some charisma and charm - the kind of guy that you want to work from (at least from the press conferences)....

When Chuck Knox got here as the new HC, one of the first things he did was to pull The Bills out of BLESTO. He just didn't believe in that group and wanted his own scouting system. I believe he hooked The Bills with SF and two other teams for a smaller scouting combine.

Knox was appalled at the state of the "scouting" process in Buffalo. Literally, all the draft information was kept in a shoe box. The year before he got here The Bills had drafted the notoriously weak DE Phil Dokes as their #1 pick. To his credit, Knox's hiring and leadership finally motivated Dokes to get into shape and to try to realize some of his potential. Too little too late as Knox cut him the following year.

I'm pretty sure that Polian didn't get us involved again with BLESTO. He's a master craftsman and BLESTO is College Pro Painters. I want to say that it was Donahoe that brought them back to us, but I could be wrong. Pity, it'd be another reason to despise him. Not that I need it that much.

In my opinion, inclusion in BLESTO has very little to do with scouting and drafting success. BLESTO is simply used to augment a team's own scouting department. The members share preliminary draft information and stuff in the public domain (measurables) but none of the teams' own private evaluations.

This is interesting. Scroll down a bit to "Scouting Organizations" and "Team Participants."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Scouting_Combine

In my opinion, inclusion in BLESTO has very little to do with scouting and drafting success. BLESTO is simply used to augment a team's own scouting department. The members share preliminary draft information and stuff in the public domain (measurables) but none of the teams' own private evaluations.

Yep, that's my opinion as well. The BLESTO scouts are the grunts who give the first 'heads up' that a player may be worthy of further evaluation by the area scout. A good place to learn the ropes for guys who want to move up the food chain someday...

He started out at Tennessee, which is why most thought is brother Chris was going to go there. I believe CJ was a QB that road the bench for 3 years.

Their other brother Taka was the most talented of them all, but he pissed his talent away. :wallbash:

I hope Nix doesn't get everything in shape just in time to have a new owner come in and dismantle it. :doh:

When will cheap old man Wilson learn that this is no way to build a football team! We don't need scouts, we need the best FA lineman (with high name recognition) out there! :lol:

:P

And preferably in decline, with a high price tag. That'll show those NFLN types!

When will cheap old man Wilson learn that this is no way to build a football team! We don't need scouts, we need the best FA (with high name recognition) out there! :lol:

:P

And preferably in decline, with a high price tag. That'll show those NFLN types!

Also, announce his signing 1 minute after free agency commences to show how clever the organization is.