Ed Wang, the next big thing

I hope Wang is our LT for years to come. he has the "feet" as hes a converted tight end, and it was noted he is great against speed rushers. Thats big for LT's, they dont all have that. But can he run block and be nasty? idk, but I sure hope he can develop it.

idk if this link was posted already

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Wang is our LT for years to come. he has the "feet" as hes a converted tight end, and it was noted he is great against speed rushers. Thats big for LT's, they dont all have that. But can he run block and be nasty? idk, but I sure hope he can develop it.

His parents are like the Chinese version of Todd Maronivich's Dad! He started lifting at 10 (so much for stunting growth) and his Mom says EW's life was, "Basically school, homework, training then go home shower and sleep." I guess you have to be bigger and stronger than everyone else when your last name is Wang. More of a preperation for life than football.

He's got good size and looks fast off the left side. Playing at VT put him against some of the premier talent in college football week in and week out. I think with a little bit of work he could be a very good LT for us. Only time will tell, but he certainly appears to have all of the requisites to excel at the position.

Nice piece. Hope the kid works out.

Maybe this is somewhat racist, and I sure hope I'm wrong, but I wonder if he will hold up physically against the large African-American guys in the NFL. But one thing he has going for him, is a voice that sounds deep like a stereotypical African-American. Even has some hip-hop intonation. Oops, I did it again, maybe another racist sounding comment. :D

Frankly the Bills really need to capitalize on this. I don't know how you take independent control of this in the NFL but the Bills need to promote the heck out of themselves in China.

Take players over there, translate NFL Films stuff about the Super Bowl years, etc.

I'm pulling hard for Wang. I think that he can be huge. Wang has the potential to rise and explode upon the scene. If Wang can manage to swell up in the weight room, he'll certainly make headway and be able to come through in the end. I certainly hope that Wang won't let us down.

Frankly the Bills really need to capitalize on this. I don't know how you take independent control of this in the NFL but the Bills need to promote the heck out of themselves in China.

Take players over there, translate NFL Films stuff about the Super Bowl years, etc.

Great, now we have to worry about the Bills moving to Hong Kong too. Toronto was just a diversion.

I'm hoping this kid can step in day 1 and play one of the tackle spots, preferably left. I don't think Bell will be playing much in camp or preseason coming off an achillies injury, so hopefully Wang can earn the spot and Green the right side. When Bell comes back he can back up the left side and Merideth can either win the right side job or back up Green. I don't know why they did'nt resign Scott, I really thought he was decent and was still young and huge with a lot of upside much like Bell, now he's a Steeler, go figure.

Bell, Meredith and now Wang. Seems we think we can turn everyone into "the nest Jason Peters". Turning unhearalded prospects and turning them into pro bowlers.

Here's hoping...

its not like bell is some unheard of prospect, he just wasnt on the radar of the board. Wang has a lot of good qualities that you want in a LT, just cause we hadnt paid attention to him doesnt mean hes as raw as peters or bell.

His parents are like the Chinese version of Todd Maronivich's Dad! He started lifting at 10 (so much for stunting growth) and his Mom says EW's life was, "Basically school, homework, training then go home shower and sleep." I guess you have to be bigger and stronger than everyone else when your last name is Wang. More of a preperation for life than football.

I know a guy named "Giant Wang"...and thats no joke.

Bell, Meredith and now Wang. Seems we think we can turn everyone into "the nest Jason Peters". Turning unhearalded prospects and turning them into pro bowlers.

Here's hoping...

All 4th grade humor aside, I believe that if you are going to put your faith in a prospect then Wang is a great candidate. He has the pedigree (Olympian parents) and seems to take his role as the first Chinese-American NFL'er very seriously. I really expect to see great things out of Ed Wang.

its not like bell is some unheard of prospect, he just wasnt on the radar of the board. Wang has a lot of good qualities that you want in a LT, just cause we hadnt paid attention to him doesnt mean hes as raw as peters or bell.

Not unheard of, unheralded. He's not as raw, but it's close. Hence the late round selection.