Rookie of the Year?

smward8

Am I mistaken in thinking that Willis McGahee is a rookie this year?  He ddin't play a down last year.....

138887[/snapback]

No, you're not mistaken. Ben R-Hamburger has an early lead, but it's evaporating with each sub 150 yard performance. Willis can win it if he keeps his current pace and the team keeps winning.

I dont think he is eligible to win ROY if im not mistaken

138898[/snapback]

How about comeback player of the year. Seems like a shoo-in.

BTW, MNF paraphrase: Brett Favre blah, blah, blah ad infinitum.

Even if he was a full-on rookie, I think you have to give it to Rothliswhatever. He's been playing some pretty average games, but the man is unbeaten, and pulling of a solid year as a rookie QB is more impressive than as an RB.

Definitely worth the comeback player award though. Who else is even close...Curtis Martin?

...I think you have to give it to Rothliswhatever.  He's been playing some pretty average games, but the man is unbeaten,

138909[/snapback]

well said... the guy is already "the media darling" and he is 9-0. Let's enjoy it though; who would have thought this discussion would occur 5 weeks ago? :lol:

If the Bills make it to the playoffs, he will be a worthy candidate for OPotY.

(Of course they'll end up giving to the guy who'll toss 90 TDs and lose the opening playoff game, again)

138918[/snapback]

He's going to the SB - not a defense in the league who stands a chancen against his arm and brain.

If the Bills make it to the playoffs, he will be a worthy candidate for OPotY.

(Of course they'll end up giving to the guy who'll toss 90 TDs and lose the opening playoff game, again)

138918[/snapback]

hey, at least he's breaking Marino's records...all of them except biggest whiner of all time. :lol:

He's going to the SB - not a defense in the league who stands a chancen against his arm and brain.

138929[/snapback]

Not if he has to play in NE or Pittsburgh in January...When is the last time the guy played in cold , windy weather....

ah yes.....Last year in NE.... (and I hate NE!!!!)

Since he was activated last year I don't think he's eligible.  I wonder if he regrets pushing for that now.

138914[/snapback]

Yep. TD Sez he's not eligible

TD: Even though Willis was not active for a single game in 2003, he was on the roster. Willis spent most of the season on the Physically Unable to Perform list and by NFL rules, because of that he is not considered to be a rookie but a first-year player. There is a difference in the classification and the category of an injured player who has been on an NFL roster during his rookie year.

Am I mistaken in thinking that Willis McGahee is a rookie this year?  He ddin't play a down last year.....

138887[/snapback]

I started a similar thread early in the summer. A lot of knowledgeable people said that he wasn't eligible because he was in the league a year and getting paid. Even if he didn't play a down.

I'm glad he's not eligible for ROY. 

I'd prefer that the 2005 MVP be his first award.

139038[/snapback]

I guess you think Bledsoe will win the 2004 Superbowl MVP for the Bills then. Cause that will be the next award for a Bills player. :lol: