Chan on Sirius Moving The Chains Today

Rico

I only caught a minute in the car, but 2 things he said:

- can't really tell about Maybin without the pads on, but he is putting in a lot of effort.

- don't know for sure if Schobel is coming back, but he's earned the right to wait on making a decision after so many great years as a Bill. If he does come back, Chan is very confident that he will be an outstanding 3-4 OLB.

They were going to replay it but I missed it as well. I did hear him comment on the QBs and basically said the same thing as Nix......did not see any of the guys in the draft as better....at least in terms of where they were going to draft them and the value of the pick. He thinks they need to see if any of these guys can play and physically they think they can as he said they have played great at times but then very poor at other times. Nothing earth shattering but makes some sense.

I heard the whole interview. Most of it was vague coachspeak, but I did find it interesting when the subject of the "Wildcat" offense came up. Gailey all but said he has a new variation of the Wildcat in mind, but dn go into it further.

I would love to see a wishbone variation of the wildcat. Imagine Lynch lined up as a FB behind the QB, with Spiller & Jackson split in the backfield. Any one of the 3 could run out of that formation OR Spiller & Jackson could go into passroutes. This could drive defenses crazy. At the very least, I think it would make defenses honest . . . if they jammed the box, we could hit on a lot of big plays!!