No toy for you!

Beerball

Pretty dumb law, IMO.

I agree with Supervisor Gage in that if you can't reign in your kids when they want a happy meal/toy, you are in for a world of hurt as they get bigger.

I'm not crazy about McD's, but I do let my boys go once in a while. They share a happy meal, and enjoy playing with the cheap toy for a long time.

You have to use some common sense as far as how much, if any, fast food to let your kids eat, based on their body types, metabolism, etc.

My 7 yr old is 42 pounds soaking wet. Empirically, it doesn't seem like half of a small fries & some chicken nuggets every couple of weeks is enough to blimp him out. Likewise for his kid brother. Of course, they get plenty of exercise and usually eat pretty healthy stuff, so YMMV.

So...Supervisor Donald Gage remembers the days before fast food joints. He would do well to remember that in his day, such an intrusive action by the State upon people's freedom of choice to use or not use a legal product would be...unthinkable.

Something tells me that Gage and the other two, when in school, were the ones who were always crying "I'm telling teacher!!!!"

So...Supervisor Donald Gage remembers the days before fast food joints. He would do well to remember that in his day, such an intrusive action by the State upon people's freedom of choice to use or not use a legal product would be...unthinkable.

Something tells me that Gage and the other two, when in school, were the ones who were always crying "I'm telling teacher!!!!"

He only gets one vote:

Voting against the measure was Supervisor Donald Gage, who said parents should be responsible for their children.