I think Nix is gonna do great things,

ChasBB

Nix says that nearly every guy they took they had rated higher. Think about this. OF COURSE this is true. In order for it not to be true, EVERY GUY on the Bills draft board would have to be drafted already. In fact, EVERY GM can make this claim across the league that they had the guys they picked rated higher (except in cases where maybe a team reached for need over their board ratings). Point being, it's really not so amazing that the players they took they had rated higher. That said, I think Nix is doing a great job. Keep it up!

Nix says that nearly every guy they took they had rated higher. Think about this. OF COURSE this is true. In order for it not to be true, EVERY GUY on the Bills draft board would have to be drafted already. In fact, EVERY GM can make this claim across the league that they had the guys they picked rated higher (except in cases where maybe a team reached for need over their board ratings). Point being, it's really not so amazing that the players they took they had rated higher. That said, I think Nix is doing a great job. Keep it up!

You do realize most all of his picks were rated higher by most draftnicks than where we got them? Brown for example was a 4-5 that we got later.

You do realize most all of his picks were rated higher by most draftnicks than where we got them? Brown for example was a 4-5 that we got later.

I hear you, but I'm just saying if you think this claim through, every single team can make the same claim if they are true to their own board. There's bound to be at least ONE guy on each team's board that they have rated higher than the current pick and who is still available. If you were to poll each team, each team could claim they drafted guys in lower positions than they had them ranked. Each team is going to claim they got stole guys. Each team is going to rank the players slightly differently, so it's nearly guaranteed that at least one player on their board will be available who they rank higher than the current numbered pick. That's all I'm saying. It's just an exercise in logic is all. Nix did do great IMO. I think this will go down as a great draft. I'm only saying that the claim that "we had guys rated higher than where we got them" is not such an amazing claim -- that's all.

The misinterpretation of plain English and it's disastrous consequences.

That's not what he's saying. The picks the Bills made (save for Troup) were rated higher by others (see CBS Sports draft ratings) then where we drafted them.

Actually, I'm not really talking about teams getting players higher than OTHERS had them ranked. I'm saying that each team is going to get players higher than THEY had them ranked because each team is going to rank players differently. It's a virtual guarantee once you get past the 1st half of the 1st round that a player you have ranked higher than the current pick will be available because each team is going to have a unique ranked list.

That's not what he's saying. The picks the Bills made (save for Troup) were rated higher by others (see CBS Sports draft ratings) then where we drafted them.

true but ed wand slipped for a reason... I liked all the other picks though... even troupe he is exactly the type of big man you want to play the NT

The misinterpretation of plain English and it's disastrous consequences.

I interpret Nix's remarks in regards to how the Bills had them ranked -- not how the draftnicks had them ranked. I could find his exact quote, but I'm sure he was referring to his own board rankings and not some 3rd party.

I thought he meant the Bills had the guys they drafted rated higher than where they picked them. Not that other teams had them rated higher.

Thank you. Someone gets what I'm saying. And if you think this through, just about every team can make this claim.

If Spiller ends up being a dynamic playmaker and both Troup and Carrington end up bing starter on our D-line and we squeeze out another contributer out of the rest of our picks I say our draft was an A+. All in all I say Nix on paper has a good philosophy in the draft even if I thought that he ignored our two biggest issues in LT and QB but if a trade for Gaither is in the works I would say Nix is a genius on paper.

If Spiller ends up being a dynamic playmaker and both Troup and Carrington end up bing starter on our D-line and we squeeze out another contributer out of the rest of our picks I say our draft was an A+. All in all I say Nix on paper has a good philosophy in the draft even if I thought that he ignored our two biggest issues in LT and QB but if a trade for Gaither is in the works I would say Nix is a genius on paper.

Totally agree -- his draft philosophy is great IMO. His picks were fantastic I think. I'm ONLY saying that the claim he got guys he had ranked higher is not a special claim -- all 32 teams can make this claim because each team is going to have guys ranked differently and it's virtually guaranteed once you get beyond the 1st half of the 1st round that there's gonna be a guy available that you have ranked higher on your board than the current draft position.

Thank you. Someone gets what I'm saying. And if you think this through, just about every team can make this claim.

Yes they could. That doesn't mean however that the player wouldn't have been there, since the other teams might not have had that player ranked that high.