Is this draft proof Maybin was not Nix's idea?

Right from Nix first press conference as the Bills GM when they asked him about draft strategy, it appeared to be a thinly veiled non-secret that he didn't approve of the Maybin selection.

Only if you desperately wanted to read it that way.

Speaking of Easley, I liked reading this about him:

Over his last nine (edit: he only appeared in 10) games Easley (6’2” 210) had 46 catches for 867 yards and eight touchdowns. The stretch included five 100-yard receiving games. To show how he matched up against top talent, Easley had five catches for 81 yards and a touchdown against Rutgers first-round pick Devin McCourty (New England) and a dominant game against South Florida third-round pick Jerome Murphy (St. Louis) when he had eight catches for 122 yard and a score.

Frankly, I don't give two ***** if Maybin was Nix's idea or not. All GMs whiff from time to time. The Draft is always a gamble.

The onus is on Maybin to prove he's worthy of his selection.

Of this I'm certain, that Gailey and his staff will give his lame ass every chance to succeed at OLB and coach him up as much as possible. If he proves to be a bust - he'll be a bust of his own making. I'll say one thing. There are a lot of uniform wearers on The Bills that should be working overtime to impress the new coaching staff or they're going to be shown the door.

Exactly, I don't think any of the veterans' jobs are safe. Some obviously will be here in September but there is going to be a lot of competition. Training camp should be very, very interesting this year.

Frankly, I don't give two ***** if Maybin was Nix's idea or not. All GMs whiff from time to time. The Draft is always a gamble.

The onus is on Maybin to prove he's worthy of his selection.

Of this I'm certain, that Gailey and his staff will give his lame ass every chance to succeed at OLB and coach him up as much as possible. If he proves to be a bust - he'll be a bust of his own making. I'll say one thing. There are a lot of uniform wearers on The Bills that should be working overtime to impress the new coaching staff or they're going to be shown the door.

Great Post!

I agree completely.

could not help but notice that perry's new team gave him a lot of toys ,funny thing is none of them were of the quick and undersized variety . The Dick jouron era is going to huant us for many years

Yesterday was a great first step by Buddy

big difference between taking a one year wonder in the first round and taking one in the 4th

I am convinced Jauron had more power then we all realized and he was more or less making the picks

Maybin was NEVER going to work as a DE in a 4-3 but has the potential to thrive as an OLB in a 3-4

Not quite "all". Some of us gave credit where credit was due. <_<

It seems the Bills selected players who had very productive college careers, unlike Maybin who was a one year college wonder. Is this finally the proof we need to accurately say Buddy was not part of the Maybin Fan Club and would not have selected him?

Buddy never would have picked him. I don't see him being long for this roster. If he can't flat out beat someone for an OLB job they will cut his ass being a non capped year

Buddy never would have picked him. I don't see him being long for this roster. If he can't flat out beat someone for an OLB job they will cut his ass being a non capped year

Yup. I think Maybin will be coming to camp with more than enough motivation. Truth be told, how could they expect the kid to perform in a position he didn't have the physical tools for? 6'4" and 250Lbs? DE in the NFL? Are you kidding me?