Our front office is insane

jahnyc

Seems like things have not changed.

The Bills have the worst group of o-linemen, tight ends and wide receivers in the league. They also do not have a NT. So they draft a running back who may only be a third down back with the ninth overall pick.

So now they have three starting caliber rbs and everyone knows that they will need to trade or release Lynch. If they were going to take Spiller, why didn't they trade Lynch before the pick? The Bills have no leverage now, particularly since Detroit and San Diego traded up to take running backs. This is poor planning.

The insane part of this is that they were reportedly trying to put together a package to pick Tebow. With so many needs, they were going to trade picks to move up to take a guy who may never develop into a qb (and if he does, it could take years).

I really don't get it.

By the way, Spiller seems like a really good guy from all reports, but boy did he look sad when the Bills selected him.

well i threw sh%t at the tv again. all i have to say is wtf. im on my way to obd right now to crap at the front door

The draft is young. We got the number one rated RB in the draft. At least AFC East defenses will have to worry about something when they play us. Forget not that this less the zero, crap O'Line of ours produced a 1,000 yard rusher last year. If we get some widebodies in then next few rounds, I'm happy.

He didn't look sad. He was emotional and fighting back tears. I think he was excited to be picked that high.

No he looked sad. No doubt about it. I had the same look. My friends at the house actually said "should we go now?" Spiller may be a good player but they need line help. This pick reminds me of Donahoe. Flash over substance.

Conceptually, I agree with taking the best player available. I am not sure it makes sense in this context when you have two quality running backs and such significant needs at so many positions. Granted, Lynch could have another incident at any time and face a one year suspension, but the incremental value beween Lynch/Jackson and Spiller is likely much lower when compared to other opportunities to significantly improve a position (i.e., Bell versus a player like Davis or Buluga).

He didn't look sad. He was emotional and fighting back tears. I think he was excited to be picked that high.

If I was drafted by the Bills I'd be fighting back the tears too!

:unsure:

No he looked sad. No doubt about it. I had the same look. My friends at the house actually said "should we go now?" Spiller may be a good player but they need line help. This pick reminds me of Donahoe. Flash over substance.

They probably should, i bet it was past yours and their bed times

You get in trouble when you draft for need. Who says Lynch has to be moved? A trend seems to be moving towards teams using 3 backs now. The Bills need offensive play makers just as much as Linemen and QB's.