Speeding Ticket

Chef Jim

So it's ok for you to be a danger, but not others? The reason why you are a danger to others is irrelevant.

Of course it's not ok for me to be a danger, why do you think I said I learned my lesson. But legalizing pot is going to, in my mind anyway, put more dangerous people on the road. It's interesting that I'm admitting that what I've done endangered people but the pot smokers have not admitted that what they do, if legalized, will endanger more people on the road.

Who's in denial here?

Just got my citation in the mail. For a 87 in a 65 (lucky for me I braked heavily before he popped me) the fine is $332. I have no clue if that's high or low compared to other places. Anybody here get a similar ticket and what did you pay.

And no I wasn't high.

A comparison. I have a pending ticket for a U turn in a residential area @ $ 235.00. My U turn resulted in

damage to both cars. I went to make arrangements for payment and the citation was not in their system.

Of course it's not ok for me to be a danger, why do you think I said I learned my lesson. But legalizing pot is going to, in my mind anyway, put more dangerous people on the road. It's interesting that I'm admitting that what I've done endangered people but the pot smokers have not admitted that what they do, if legalized, will endanger more people on the road.

Who's in denial here?

But if more people would stop speeding, it would even out. Therefore the roads will be just as safe as they are now, and pot smokers will be happy, problem solved.

But if more people would stop speeding, it would even out. Therefore the roads will be just as safe as they are now, and pot smokers will be happy, problem solved.

So I'm the problem? Well I'll be damned. That's an interesting turn of events isn't it. :huh:

No it wouldn't - roads would be worse because there would be less money coming in from speeding tickets. Less cops, less maintenance, less whatever that money goes for. :D

I was pulled over for going 80 in a 65 (I was really going 85....), and had to pay ~$180 in Minnesota about 5-6 years ago.

I was also pulled over for going 75 in a 65 (and I was only going 68....) and had to pay about $150 if I recall. :huh:

Only two times I've been pulled over.

No it wouldn't - roads would be worse because there would be less money coming in from speeding tickets. Less cops, less maintenance, less whatever that money goes for. :D

I was pulled over for going 80 in a 65 (I was really going 85....), and had to pay ~$180 in Minnesota about 5-6 years ago.

I was also pulled over for going 75 in a 65 (and I was only going 68....) and had to pay about $150 if I recall. :huh:

Only two times I've been pulled over.

They could use some of the tax dollars from the pot to make up the difference. See it all works out.

They could use some of the tax dollars from the pot to make up the difference. See it all works out.

But speeding not only gets you places, it gets you there in a hurry. Pot takes you nowhere.