Nix denies talking to Pitt about Ben...

boyst

ESPN LinkAccording to the runmors Pittsburgh has contacted teams about Ben, including the Bills. Why would we not listen to these offers?

From where we are we have no reason not to listen to what they may want. Asking for a 1st may be high, but we do not even know what they want! I would gladly give away a second round pick for him, issues or not. We aren't going to win it all next year and he is still young! Why not just simply see what they are asking!!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN LinkAccording to the runmors Pittsburgh has contacted teams about Ben, including the Bills. Why would we not listen to these offers?

From where we are we have no reason not to listen to what they may want. Asking for a 1st may be high, but we do not even know what they want! I would gladly give away a second round pick for him, issues or not. We aren't going to win it all next year and he is still young! Why not just simply see what they are asking!!!!

probably cuz they know big ben is a scumbag and why , when your rebuilding a franchise , would you want to bring in a qb with so much negativity and bad publicity surrounding him when you might be able to secure a franchise qb tomorrow?

The simple answer is you don't get two-time Super Bowl winning franchise quarterbacks with this many years still left in the tank for a low price like this. Get the man a mentor like Tony Dungy and win some football games. If Lynch was rushing for 1200 yards a year, we'd keep him in spite of all his crap. This Pittsburgh move is an asenine idea. We should be taking advantage of circumstances like this. I know this isn't the popular thing to do or the message you want to hear, but it is a championship decision.

it might not have been an official talk but im sure through the grapevine they each know the others terms pretty specifically for what they want and would give. nix not talking to the steelers gm doesnt mean he has the same info as you do by not speaking to the pittsburgh gm

Again, he was not convicted! You people must love the freedom of speech but forget innocent until proven guilty.

As far as him coming in to Buffalo? It'd be great for him to come and hide in our small market while enjoying the pasion we have for football embraces him. Buffalo would be a great place for Ben who got lucky to end up in Pitt while thriving on some good teams.

Again, he was not convicted! You people must love the freedom of speech but forget innocent until proven guilty.

As far as him coming in to Buffalo? It'd be great for him to come and hide in our small market while enjoying the pasion we have for football embraces him. Buffalo would be a great place for Ben who got lucky to end up in Pitt while thriving on some good teams.

That raises an interesting point I haven't seen addressed here, how would the fans IN Buffalo and those who attend the games react to Pig Ben?

its true, i dont see him in jail -- and based solely on the legal facts, he shouldnt be. doesnt mean he didnt do anything wrong, or id want him in my community though. plenty of "innocent" people are terrible human beings. hes also one strike away regardless.

Innocent until proven guilty only applies to the court of law. In the court of public opinion he's fair game. The Bills are a big enough mess without adding to their troubles.

As far as I'm concerned a rapist is just a notch below a murderer. Under no circumstances would I want that POS Big Ben on the Buffalo Bills regardless how good he is.

Again...THIS is why we as Bills fans, settle for what we get.

WE DON'T WANT FOOTBALL PLAYERS...WE WANT NICE GUYS!!! (Or at least most of YOU do...I want to WIN!)

Getting a 2-time Super Bowl Champion Winning Quarterback, entering his prime? Meh! No thanks!

We'll just stick with Trent Edwards, Brian Brohm and Ryan Fitzpatrick...maybe bring in Vinny Testeverde...he's a good guy!

:lol::thumbsup::lol:

yes, we do.

yea if that last strike happens and your out atleast a first round pick and dont have a franchise qb on your roster, i dont think the number of rings he has will matter much. will it happen? maybe. if the bills (and especially whaley) believe in him as a person you pull the trigger without a second thought. if not, it speaks volumes to what people really know outside the media.

WE DON'T WANT FOOTBALL PLAYERS...WE WANT NICE GUYS!!! (Or at least most of YOU do...I want to WIN!)

Getting a 2-time Super Bowl Champion Winning Quarterback, entering his prime? Meh! No thanks!

We'll just stick with Trent Edwards, Brian Brohm and Ryan Fitzpatrick...maybe bring in Vinny Testeverde...he's a good guy!

That raises an interesting point I haven't seen addressed here, how would the fans IN Buffalo and those who attend the games react to Pig Ben?

Probably the same way people here in Pittsburgh are.

Die hard Steelers fans whose life revolves around the Steelers say the Steelers would be nuts to trade him.

The rest of the population, included most women (football fan or not) want him run out of town.

Most die hard Bills fans who only care about wins and losses would welcome him.

The rest of the poulation, and those die-hard Bills fans like myself who have taken pride in the Bills for many years in good times and in bad, would rather see him go to the Raiders where he can wallow in football obscurity until Al Davis dies.

Ben has been convicted in the court of public opinion. People who say its "just about football" forget that the NFL and an NFL franchise are a multi billion dollar entertainment and image enterprise. To a city like Buffalo or Pittsburgh, an NFL franchise represnts a source of civic pride and common bond. We all want a winner. But some of us want a team that doesn't disgrace us either. (and I'm well aware of past Bills players and their transgressions).

The simple answer is you don't get two-time Super Bowl winning franchise quarterbacks with this many years still left in the tank for a low price like this. Get the man a mentor like Tony Dungy and win some football games. If Lynch was rushing for 1200 yards a year, we'd keep him in spite of all his crap. This Pittsburgh move is an asenine idea. We should be taking advantage of circumstances like this. I know this isn't the popular thing to do or the message you want to hear, but it is a championship decision.

No, it's not.

I think you're assuming too much. Just because it was rumored that the Bills talked to them doesn't make it so. Personally, I think most of the "rumors" are bogus. And I don't think anyone's getting Rothlesberger for just this year's

top ten pick. The Steelers are going to want a lot more than that. You never want to say never, but I just can't see it happening.

Let's see. The Bills new assistant GM Whaley just came from the Steelers organization two months ago. It seems that a) he probably still has some contacts in Pittsburgh that he still talks to, even if unofficially; and b) he probably knows one or two tidbits about Ben that the public does not.

When Buddy says no one has talked to "him", I would take that quote literally. My guess is the Bills and Steelers have had some form of communication (even if its the "friend of a friend" variety) regardless of what Buddy is saying. It may go absolutely no where, so the public statement may always be "we never talked to them".

This is a sport with fans that root for their team. Are you saying you would root for a team knowing the guy is guilty? Or even might be?

The rest of the poulation, and those die-hard Bills fans like myself who have taken pride in the Bills for many years in good times and in bad, would rather see him go to the Raiders where he can wallow in football obscurity until Al Davis dies.

I would love to pull the background reports on the players on the current roster. I bet there is more there than you'd believe.

Lets name some, shall we? The rest of you, feel free to chime in, too!

Bruce Smith - DUI several times

Ko Simpson - He's Ko Simpson...B!tch.

Daunte Whitner - Cleveland

Lynch - running over a woman and having a gun

Any I forgot?

Taking pride in a football team is just that! I am a die hard fan, but when I go to sleep at night I know this is just a sports franchise who's players I have and sometimes will continue to praise highly. This is a team, a business, who only cares about our bottom dollar and I only care about the entertainment provided. I am not perfect and I am not going to judge anyone else, especially on a sports team I love to be perfect.