Jason Heyward: A Star in the Making

ajzepp

LOL, I can't say that fear hasn't crossed my mind, cause since the sale of this team I don't know that we're really players like the 5th largest market SHOULD be.

If he continues to live up to the hype, I don't see anyway that Atlanta lets him go, especially since he's a local kid. I was just causing trouble :devil:

So here's something that's got me scratching my head... here in Charlotte, the Phillies-Braves game is blacked-out on MLB network because the game is on something called Peachtree TV. Okay, local blackout - gotcha. It stinks because Peachtree isn't available in HD, but those are the breaks. The MLB contract sucks and needs to be fixed, but I understand the policy. But here's the rub... Peachtree doesn't show commercials. None. Between innings you get a shot from behind the plate of the field. Not even any graphics to promote anything.

What the heck is going on here? Is it all fees to the cable carriers? Has to be, right?

Oh, and Heyward strikes out too much. 16 in his first 43 ABs. He's gotta fix that.

So here's something that's got me scratching my head... here in Charlotte, the Phillies-Braves game is blacked-out on MLB network because the game is on something called Peachtree TV. Okay, local blackout - gotcha. It stinks because Peachtree isn't available in HD, but those are the breaks. The MLB contract sucks and needs to be fixed, but I understand the policy. But here's the rub... Peachtree doesn't show commercials. None. Between innings you get a shot from behind the plate of the field. Not even any graphics to promote anything.

What the heck is going on here? Is it all fees to the cable carriers? Has to be, right?

Oh, and Heyward strikes out too much. 16 in his first 43 ABs. He's gotta fix that.

Peachtree HD Braves broadcasts are some of the best looking high def images I've seen so far....that sucks you guys can't get it outside of the ATL! <_<

TTT after last night's heroics!

While it's a nice narrative, that bomb was hardly heroic. Troy Glaus is hitting at the Mendoza line and he hammered the meatball Madson was tossing last night. Dude doesn't have the stuff between his ears to be a closer. Few do.

Anyway, the kid does look like a monster in the box. Reminds me a bit of Andre Dawson with sort of "throw it anywhere and I'm going to kill it" look. OPS is still over 1.000. Let's see how he does against Doc tonight.

While it's a nice narrative, that bomb was hardly heroic. Troy Glaus is hitting at the Mendoza line and he hammered the meatball Madson was tossing last night. Dude doesn't have the stuff between his ears to be a closer. Few do.

Anyway, the kid does look like a monster in the box. Reminds me a bit of Andre Dawson with sort of "throw it anywhere and I'm going to kill it" look. OPS is still over 1.000. Let's see how he does against Doc tonight.

It doesn't matter if it's a t-ball game or a major league game. A 2 out bottom of the 9th HR to even things up is heroic.

And honestly, baseball needed this. With the departure of Bonds and Griffey's game all but gone, baseball needs another black superstar. As of right now, there's Sabathia and basically nobody else that fits into the "star" category. Heyward and the Upton brothers might be able to fill this role.

*cough* Ryan Howard *cough*

And I agree, Heyward is all that and a bag of chips. A real superstar in the making. I think he produces Howard type numbers in the very near future. He alos seems to have a good head on him.

TTT after last night's heroics!

What a friggin win! And tonight we have the best pitcher in baseball vs. Huddy....should be another good one!