Bills interested in Tebow? ESPN Insider

Agua

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/91140969.html

16 of 21 NFL scouts/FO members thought Tebow would not be an NFL QB. That's why he is too risky for the Bills to pick.

Only one of 32 teams in the League thought Brady would be an NFL QB, Same with Romo. Alot of teams thought Ryan Leaf would be a franchise QB. Doesn't mean these guys are always right

You're right. There has to be some risks taken in the draft and, with Tebow, I think the risk isn't as large as a lot of people think it is. I love his intangibles, and me personally, would love to have a player like him on this football team.

However, when you hear guys like Polian, who are the best in the business at evaluating football talent, say they wouldn't risk their job by selecting Tebow with hopes of him becoming your future franchise QB, it would make me less comfortable making that selection.

Well has Polian ever had to make many QB draft descisions in his Career? Kelly was already drafted by the Bills when he started in Buffalo, in Indy he had the top choice in the draft that had one of the best QBs to ever pplay the game in it, Peyton Manning.

I know it has been posted probably, but
is worth a look for those who haven't seen it.

Thanks for the link. I was never a Tebow fan, but after watching video, I must admit my opinion has changed a bit. That being said, he is still not worthy of a top 10 first round pick.

Thanks for the link. I was never a Tebow fan, but after watching video, I must admit my opinion has changed a bit. That being said, he is still not worthy of a top 10 first round pick.

Nor is it worth giving up valuable picks to get back into first round and selecting him. The only scenario I see that where the Bills should take him is if he is still available with our second pick!

Well has Polian ever had to make many QB draft descisions in his Career? Kelly was already drafted by the Bills when he started in Buffalo, in Indy he had the top choice in the draft that had one of the best QBs to ever pplay the game in it, Peyton Manning.

And a whole bunch of people who thought Ryan Leaf had greater potential. (Perhaps he did, if he wasn't also an idiot.) That wasn't exactly a cut-and-dried call.

if we go OT it will be Davis. No way Nix takes a RT and forces him into a LT job.

Why would you take a player who is recognized as being lazy by his own coaching staff and team? Does Davis have off the chart talent? Of course. No one disputes the physical talent of this man/child. But taking a player when you already know that his work ethic and maturity level are not at an acceptable level is a like a prospector mining for fools' gold.

Marshawn Lynch is a very physically talented running back. But he is a self-absorbed jerk who has little concern for the team concept. The organization is trying to get rid of the Lynch type of players on the roster. The new regime is trying to establish a culture of responsibility and dedicated work ethic. Drafting a player such as Davis at the nine spot would be foolish, especially when you already know that he is a slacker. Taking him in the lower third of the first round would be a reasonable risk but not where we are presently drafting in the first round.

Only one of 32 teams in the League thought Brady would be an NFL QB, Same with Romo. Alot of teams thought Ryan Leaf would be a franchise QB. Doesn't mean these guys are always right

Actually, no GM was sure Brady or Romo would make it. Otherwise, Brady wouldn't have lasted till the 6th round and Romo would have been drafted.

If there is even a slight chance, and there is, that Tebow can be a superstar QB in this league you got to take a chance and draft him. Otherwise you got NO shot at a NFL Championship. You got to have a GREAT QB. It's worth tthe risk. I think He will be one of the best.

Well Buddy Nix has only a few years anyway. The guy is beyond retirement age already. I have faith that Buddy knows football talent. If it's Tebow then its Tebow. Like Buddy says, look at the resume. If Tebow is so bad then how did he win all those games? You can be the most physically gifted QB on the planet but if you don't have the will to win and be the best, what does it get you?

PTR

I really hope that the Bills select Tebow with the 9th pick. He is worth it. As a Floridian, I can tell you that he has a large fan base. Not only in the Christian world, but also in the SE region. He will definitely increase revenue like you wouldn't believe it. If the Bills dont select him there, then I can guarantee that he will be gone before the 41st pick. The way I see it is, if the Bills bring in quick revenue then, they may be able to bring in some veterans.

I know it has been posted probably, but
is worth a look for those who haven't seen it.

Good watch, thanks for the link.. Urban Meyer is probably the WORST thing to ever happen to Tim Tebow. I wish he would've went to a USC or a Michigan, schools that would have forced him to become a pro-style QB and not a spread option QB. 80 scholarship offers after high school is ridiculous!

If there is even a slight chance, and there is, that Tebow can be a superstar QB in this league you got to take a chance and draft him. Otherwise you got NO shot at a NFL Championship. You got to have a GREAT QB. It's worth tthe risk. I think He will be one of the best.

That's horrible logic. If you think he even has a slight chance at being a superstar you draft him #9 overall...even though it's more or less guaranteed that he'll be available, at a minimum, 15 picks later? Keep concentrating on that CFL Championship of yours...

There's a new blurb on ESPN Insider that Bills are interested in Tebow. Anybody get insider?

Just like all the other "rumors" Insider has to offer, it's "all hat and no cattle."

That's horrible logic. If you think he even has a slight chance at being a superstar you draft him #9 overall...even though it's more or less guaranteed that he'll be available, at a minimum, 15 picks later? Keep concentrating on that CFL Championship of yours...

Just like all the other "rumors" Insider has to offer, it's "all hat and no cattle."

You dont draft him at #9, but you draft him at all costs. This guy has IT, and is IT. He WILL lead the Bills to the promissed land. And it's the CFL Championship. Just get him!!!!!

"30 mins for the rest of our lives"

he ripped that off from Bud Kilmer's Speech in "Varsity Blues", what an unoriginal fraud.

this is the inspirational leader of men everyone speaks of? gimme a break

How do you know that he got it from Varsity Blues? Wasn't that movie rated PG-13? Chances are, he wasn't allowed to watch it.. All kidding aside - discussing the top 4 QBs, Tebow played a game on a broken fibula, displaying his toughness. Clausen played more than half a season EFFECTIVELY on a bum toe, thus displaying his toughness. Bradford played, uh, wait.. what I meant to say is, Colt McCoy played.. uh... Let's go back to talking about the toughness Clausen and Tebow have displayed... :thumbsup: