Need help remember a players name

gflande1

Does anyone remember who the player was who had two different vehicular manslaughers but was never charged. If I remember, I think he was a defensive lineman. He was never charged over punished by the NFL. I remember people use to complain on here about him not being punished.

Thanks

Does anyone remember who the player was who had two different vehicular manslaughers but was never charged. If I remember, I think he was a defensive lineman. He was never charged over punished by the NFL. I remember people use to complain on here about him not being punished.

Thanks

Leonard Little, is that who you're thinking of?

Thanks

Reggie Rogers???

Don't forget Dany Heatley of the NHL. He got lucky and skated (no pun intended) on that deal too. Guess it pays to be a star, literally and figuratively.

How can that be an unintended pun? I hate that phrase...that was as intentional as they come.

I'm ready to riot over this nonsense.

[sarcasm intended]

Thanks

In 1998 Leonard Little was convicted of vehicular manslaughter. He got a very light sentence.

In 2004 he was pulled over for suspicion of DWI, and even admitted to drinking. But he was not charged.

So Little didn't have two manslaughter charges.

As for Reggie Rogers, who spent a bit of time with the Bills after his accident, in his second season in the NFL (per Wiki),

"his car struck another vehicle and killed three teenagers. He was later found to have a blood alcohol content of 0.15, just over the legal limit.[2] The Lions waived him in July 1989, not because of the felony charges, but because he broke his neck in the accident.[3]

In 1990, he was convicted of vehicular homicide and sentenced to 16 months in prison.[2] After brief stints with the Buffalo Bills and Tampa Bay Buccaneers out of prison, Rogers was out of football entirely by the end of the 1992 season.

On November 26, 2008, Rogers was involved in a hit-and-run accident in Tukwila, Washington that resulted in his arrest and a charge of DUI. It was his fifth arrest for DUI in the state of Washington, dating back to his college days at the University of Washington.[6]"

How can that be an unintended pun? I hate that phrase...that was as intentional as they come.

I'm ready to riot over this nonsense.

[sarcasm intended]

Is this better, Heatly was lucky and received no penalty. :bag:

Don't forget Dany Heatley of the NHL. He got lucky and skated (no pun intended) on that deal too. Guess it pays to be a star, literally and figuratively.

i think heatley blew like a .02 which is like 1/2 a beer i think. he plead out and did a ton of community service.

i think heatley blew like a .02 which is like 1/2 a beer i think. he plead out and did a ton of community service.

That story was hard to get any info on I remember. You hear so many different things, it's hard to know what really happened. I mean like you said. .02, I think you could blow that after gargling mouthwash.

But nobody "crashes" the front of the net like Heatley. Go Sharks!!!

In 1998 Leonard Little was convicted of vehicular manslaughter. He got a very light sentence.

In 2004 he was pulled over for suspicion of DWI, and even admitted to drinking. But he was not charged.

So Little didn't have two manslaughter charges.

As for Reggie Rogers, who spent a bit of time with the Bills after his accident, in his second season in the NFL (per Wiki),

"his car struck another vehicle and killed three teenagers. He was later found to have a blood alcohol content of 0.15, just over the legal limit.[2] The Lions waived him in July 1989, not because of the felony charges, but because he broke his neck in the accident.[3]

In 1990, he was convicted of vehicular homicide and sentenced to 16 months in prison.[2] After brief stints with the Buffalo Bills and Tampa Bay Buccaneers out of prison, Rogers was out of football entirely by the end of the 1992 season.

On November 26, 2008, Rogers was involved in a hit-and-run accident in Tukwila, Washington that resulted in his arrest and a charge of DUI. It was his fifth arrest for DUI in the state of Washington, dating back to his college days at the University of Washington.[6]"

Wow... I mean this is sad. This is another example of the legal system being completely out of whack. He shouldn't have been able to ever drive again after the first incident. Let alone the 2nd and 3rd.

Wow... I mean this is sad. This is another example of the legal system being completely out of whack. He shouldn't have been able to ever drive again after the first incident. Let alone the 2nd and 3rd.

Leonard Little had two incidents while driving under the influence.

Reggie Rogers had two incidents while driving under the influence.

However, addressing the original poster, neither of them had two vehicular manslaughter charges (FWIW).