Buddy Forewarns

I still wouldn't bet against LT at 9 -- at least not based on Nix's comments. While Nix did say that the scouts only have 2 guys graded as top 9, we do not know who those guys are. Assuming one of them is Okung and he is gone, we have no idea who the Bills have as the 2nd best OT. It could be Davis. It could be Williams. It could be Bulaga. This may be smoke on the part of Nix too -- as if they do wind up taking a tackle there, look for him to say that (whomever it is is) -- that is the guy that they had ranked as the #2 OT in this draft. Remember back in 2007, when they traded up for Poz and claimed that they had him ranked ahead of Willis?

Nix has publicly said that Bell is a good LT, which I translate as "good enough for this year if something better isn't available at #9." Which there might not be. So if the team doesn't like the LT's available at #9, I won't be surprised if they go with another position, even a DB or RB. Could be interesting.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching the whole press conference...I narrowed it down to Spiller,D. Thomas, or Claussen. Claussen doesnt fit the bill as day 1 starter, but they may like him more than I do. To me Demarius Thomas makes the most sense, one of the most glaring needs on this team is at WR with 2 starters from last year gone in TO and J Reed. One thing which is so obvious, yet is never mentioned is WR, to me the cj spiller is all smoke screen to prevent a team from leap frogging them for Thomas, or perhaps to convince a team to be a trade partner with the bills.

FWIW Buddy Nix really does like CJ Spiller. Maybe Nix sees similarities with Thurman Thomas...don't know. Lynch'es bus has left town and older running backs can break down and like all players hit a wall. Personnally I hope it's an OT but Nix comes from the late John Butlers' school of thought, that in the first round you draft the best player available on your draft board.

FWIW Buddy Nix really does like CJ Spiller. Maybe Nix sees similarities with Thurman Thomas...don't know. Lynch'es bus has left town and older running backs can break down and like all players hit a wall. Personnally I hope it's an OT but Nix comes from the late John Butlers' school of thought, that in the first round you draft the best player available on your draft board.

Another Butler/Nix draftee - LT.