Danario Alexander

I know I've posted this in some other threads but I'm all for going boom or bust in the later rounds. Danario Alexander was arguably the best receiver in the country last year and has amazing physical tools. Had he of been able to compete at the combine and was able to run sub 4.5 (very possible) he would have probably been a late 1st or early 2nd Rounder. Unfortunately he had a third knee surgery on his knee when he landed on it awkwardly during Senior Bowl Practice. The injury was unrelated to the two previous knee injuries, they just went in and cleaned out some cartilage. He could be available in the late rounds and if he could come back healthy he could be a real steal. Anyway check out the highlights...............

I know I've posted this in some other threads but I'm all for going boom or bust in the later rounds. Danario Alexander was arguably the best receiver in the country last year and has amazing physical tools. Had he of been able to compete at the combine and was able to run sub 4.5 (very possible) he would have probably been a late 1st or early 2nd Rounder. Unfortunately he had a third knee surgery on his knee when he landed on it awkwardly during Senior Bowl Practice. The injury was unrelated to the two previous knee injuries, they just went in and cleaned out some cartilage. He could be available in the late rounds and if he could come back healthy he could be a real steal. Anyway check out the highlights...............

We could use the help at reciever and he'd be a great pick-up in the later rounds. I like discussing the later round propects. The top guys get talked to death here,and very little attention is paid to later rd. values like Alexander. Guys like this can turn an OK draft into a great draft.

I think your avatar is Wade's mother.

Man Alexander looks fantastic! He is 6'5, 222 pounds. Big and strong. You hear the announcer say during the youtube vid that in 2007 he was a starter of Jeremy Maclin. A big guy with some knee issues, i think he is very well worth taking a flyer in the 5th round. Thanks for bringing the idea of him of Poster. I want him on the squad!

I agree grab this guy. he could start day 1 if his knee holds up. He runs great routes and has great hands.

On the contrary, the knock on him is his route running. If you watch him, his cuts are not very crisp. He rounds them off, alot, ala James Hardy. Take a flyer on the guy in the 5th? I would, but he's got alot of work to do to succeed at the next level.

As a big Mizzou fan. I concur.. this guy is the real deal. He would take 5 yard bubble screens 80 yards to the house and hes 6-5. Big long strides, underrated speed. Look at his stats the last half of the college season. He was the best receiver in the NCAA.

On the contrary, the knock on him is his route running. If you watch him, his cuts are not very crisp. He rounds them off, alot, ala James Hardy. Take a flyer on the guy in the 5th? I would, but he's got alot of work to do to succeed at the next level.

I agree with you about his route running but that is something that can def. be taught and due to injuries 2009 was really the only full season he's ever played, there is a lot of room for improvement. His athleticism is off the charts though..............

At 6′5 and 215 pounds with above-average speed and a rumored vertical leap of 47 inches :bag: , Alexander is a physical beast who has all the tools needed to become a star in the NFL.

http://fantasyfootballoasis.com/blogs/adam...ario-alexander/

Mizzou claims his vert. was only 46.5 which smashed the school record. Even if his vert. was truly in the 40 range he's still going to be a match up problem with 6ft 5in frame.

I agree with you about his route running but that is something that can def. be taught and due to injuries 2009 was really the only full season he's ever played, there is a lot of room for improvement. His athleticism is off the charts though..............

At 6′5 and 215 pounds with above-average speed and a rumored vertical leap of 47 inches :bag: , Alexander is a physical beast who has all the tools needed to become a star in the NFL.

http://fantasyfootballoasis.com/blogs/adam...ario-alexander/

Mizzou claims his vert. was only 46.5 which smashed the school record. Even if his vert. was truly in the 40 range he's still going to be a match up problem with 6ft 5in frame.

I agree with you too my friend, that his route running can be improved upon. The guy reminds me of Marques Colston with more speed. I worry about the injuries though, especially the knee with a player that plays the WR position. That could be why his route running is the way it is. There is no doubt he has the size, the hands, and athletic ability to make it at the next level. That vertical is outrageous. The question is will he be able to stay healthy enough to make an impact? It's the same questions that surrounded another Mizzou player so many were coveting last year at this time named Chase Coffman. :w00t:

Stl Bills, I hear ya, man, and especially in the 5th, but wow, 3 knee surgeries, that does scare me. I don't think it is too much of risk but I do think you can usually get good LB depth in the 4th or 5th round, which, even as badly as you think the bills have drafted in recent years it has been the round of success for some of their LBs.

EDIT: Just read his bio. Yeah, I'm sold let's get him and consider ourselves lucky.

Stl Bills, I hear ya, man, and especially in the 5th, but wow, 3 knee surgeries, that does scare me. I don't think it is too much of risk but I do think you can usually get good LB depth in the 4th or 5th round, which, even as badly as you think the bills have drafted in recent years it has been the round of success for some of their LBs.

EDIT: Just read his bio. Yeah, I'm sold let's get him and consider ourselves lucky.

I agree it is scary but there is a lot of incorrect info out there about his injuries. Most websites will report that he tore his acl twice, this is actually not true though.......

However, he did not "tear his ACL twice." This is a common misunderstanding, so I understand how you could be confused, but I think that reports like this are potentially damaging to his reputation because it makes him seem more injury prone.

The truth is that he tore his ACL and the ligament was reconstructed with a graft. The "second time he tore his ACL" was simply a graft failure. In other words, the problem was with the graft and it has nothing to do with Alexander or him being more prone to injury. Grafts do occasionally fail, but this should not make Alexander's ACL injury any worse than someone like Maclin's his freshman year, aside from missing additional time on the field.

The third surgery was entirely unrelated as they went in to remove some damaged cartilage in the knee.

All that being said three surgeries on a knee is still a major red flag but that is why he'll be available so late, and IMO he's worth a shot.