Which would you rather have ?...Marshall at $10 mil

papazoid

Acquiring Marshall would be kind of like having a house that was falling down, and your putting up wall paper.

I loathe the Fins more then the avg Bills fan, being I'm stuck down here in Fin territory but I don't agree with this assessment. I like what they're doing. They lost a couple of games last year because of inept WR play, the Indy game comes to mind. Fins and Jets will be at each others throats for the division this year. I think this adds dimensions to the Wildcat that they haven't had, and the thought of Pat White, Ricky Williams, Ronnie Brown and Marshall on the field at the same time is a scary thought. Add Mike Nolan to the mix and as much as I hate to say it the Felons become a formidable team. JMO take it for what it's worth- zilch.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WEO cast his lot with Marshall when I compared Lynch's punishment and crimes to Marshall's punishment and crimes and he had a problem with it. Had that never happened and the Bills traded for him instead, he'd have been female canining about what a bad move it was to trade and give-up so much for a "thug" who is one bitchslap to his broad away from a long suspension. But hey, such is WEO.

Then again, maybe since Marshall doesn't call out his QB's and draw attention to himself (well, outside of getting arrested every off-season), that's why he's okay in his book?

Makes perfect sense! :bag:

Gosh, I'd have to ... YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Doing the Peters trade backwards and getting him in exchange for Woods, Nelson and a sixth pick? Of course. Only the haters wouldn't do that deal.

We could throw out the need for LT and concentrate on some of our other needs at round one? In a second.

Well I hope you get to own one of the teams in AFCE other than Buffalo someday! :w00t:

I loathe the Fins more then the avg Bills fan, being I'm stuck down here in Fin territory but I don't agree with this assessment. I like what they're doing. They lost a couple of games last year because of inept WR play, the Indy game comes to mind. Fins and Jets will be at each others throats for the division this year. I think this adds dimensions to the Wildcat that they haven't had, and the thought of Pat White, Ricky Williams, Ronnie Brown and Marshall on the field at the same time is a scary thought. Add Mike Nolan to the mix and as much as I hate to say it the Felons become a formidable team. JMO take it for what it's worth- zilch.

I could be wrong but I took the poster you quoted to be talking about the Bills getting Marshall, and I tend to agree with him. The miserable performance with TO last year showed that this offense's woes were not on the WRs. Now for the Dolphins, it makes sense, and is a good pickup (it is a steep price though, so they need to hope he keeps his nose clean).

I could be wrong but I took the poster you quoted to be talking about the Bills getting Marshall, and I tend to agree with him. The miserable performance with TO last year showed that this offense's woes were not on the WRs. Now for the Dolphins, it makes sense, and is a good pickup (it is a steep price though, so they need to hope he keeps his nose clean).

I must have misunderstood. My mistake :bag::w00t:

The thing that keeps getting skipped here is:

WHO'S GOING TO THROW HIM THE BALL?

Pennington is one sack away from breaking in half and can barely throw the ball 20 yards. Henne hasn't proven to be all world, he's not even all Florida at this point.

How many playoff appearances did Marshall help lead the Broncos to? Zero. The Broncos were exactly .500 during the Brandon Marshall era and that was with Mike Shanahan and Jay Cutler. But I'm supposed to believe the AFC East balance of power has been shifted in their favor because he's now teamed up with Tony Sparano and Chad Henne? He's a good receiver, he'll get his catches and scores his TDs-but that doesn't mean Miami is going to win more games.

And also, are people forgetting that with a playoff berth on the line Marshall had to be suspended for the last week of the 2009 season? Sounds like the kind of guy who will handle being the highest paid WR in the NFL well.

How many playoff appearances did Marshall help lead the Broncos to? Zero. The Broncos were exactly .500 during the Brandon Marshall era and that was with Mike Shanahan and Jay Cutler. But I'm supposed to believe the AFC East balance of power has been shifted in their favor because he's now teamed up with Tony Sparano and Chad Henne? He's a good receiver, he'll get his catches and scores his TDs-but that doesn't mean Miami is going to win more games.

And also, are people forgetting that with a playoff berth on the line Marshall had to be suspended for the last week of the 2009 season? Sounds like the kind of guy who will handle being the highest paid WR in the NFL well.

Well stated! :bag:

But really, what temptations can there be in Miami that could get a guy in trouble? :w00t:

The Dols will still suck this year. I don't see the moves they've made as getting them back to the playoffs. And they only made the playoffs in 2008 because Brady got injured. Now the Jets look to be the best team in the East and I don't see more than 1 team coming from there.