Let the Doom & Gloom reign

Yes it sucks that the Bills have been badly mismanaged over the last 10 years and have not made the playoffs during that period. But if your not a fan of the team, or are mad at the team and think they're gonna suck, then why even bother posting on here? Either go find another team to cheer for or just be a bandwagon fan and come back when the team is doing better.

The Bills are rebuilding through the draft and the rebuilding process will take 2-3 years. Would you people rather have a team that is going to be a long-term competitor or one that might have a 1-2 year window of getting the job done? Would you rather see our good draft picks resigned or lose them to FA because we brought in high priced FA's and can't afford our own talent? That's the direction the Bills are going, either take it or leave.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think your missing the point. the past ten years should have never happened. most of us would rather not wait another 2-3 years, especially because in 2-3 years we could still be 6-10 or worse. plenty of regimes have rolled through OBD in the past ten years and none have worked. why would this one?

i think your missing the point. the past ten years should have never happened. most of us would rather not wait another 2-3 years, especially because in 2-3 years we could still be 6-10 or worse. plenty of regimes have rolled through OBD in the past ten years and none have worked. why would this one?

There are a lot of things that should have never happened throughout Bills history. Bill Polian should have never been fired. Rob Johnson should not have started in the playoff game vs the Titans. Donahoe shouldn't have drafted Mike Williams, Willis McGahee & J.P. Losman. Donahoe shouldn't have traded away multiple #1 draft picks. Levy should have never hired Jauron. Levy should have drafted Ngata & Revis. What I like about Nix & Gailey is that they plan on building through the draft. Nix stated that he plans to get bigger physical linemen, which is what needed here in Buffalo. I like what Nix did in the draft, but I know it will take 1-2 more drafts for the Bills to be a solid contender again.

There are a lot of things that should have never happened throughout Bills history. Bill Polian should have never been fired. Rob Johnson should not have started in the playoff game vs the Titans. Donahoe shouldn't have drafted Mike Williams, Willis McGahee & J.P. Losman. Donahoe shouldn't have traded away multiple #1 draft picks. Levy should have never hired Jauron. Levy should have drafted Ngata & Revis. What I like about Nix & Gailey is that they plan on building through the draft. Nix stated that he plans to get bigger physical linemen, which is what needed here in Buffalo. I like what Nix did in the draft, but I know it will take 1-2 more drafts for the Bills to be a solid contender again.

so we're going to get to the promise land because nix says he wants to build through the draft? what happens when his drafts turn out to be complete garbage?

so we're going to get to the promise land because nix says he wants to build through the draft? what happens when his drafts turn out to be complete garbage?

Nix has already started on beefing up the D-line, which needed beefing up considering the run D ranked 30th last season giving up 156.2 YPG last season. Our pass D ranked at #2, so with a better run D to go along with a great pass D, our defense will be much improved. Plus, he drafted a big playmaker in C.J. Spiller, who could be great just like the Titans Chris Johnson. IMO, the new coaching regime are gonna see if they can work with the current O-line & QB's this season and will weed out the players they feel can't cut it in the offseason. The Bills are not going to the Superbowl this year, but the Bills will surprise a lot of people this year. The process is going to take 2-3 years, but if you're not willing to wait, then come back when the Bills when the Bills are winning.

And how many picks did Sanchez throw in the bad NJ weather last year when the Jets played the Bills? Pennington has no arm strength from all the injuries and surgeries. If Pennington throws the ball more than 15 yards down field, it will be easily intercepted. Chad Henne looked real good when the Bills beat the Phins 31-14 last year, didn't he?

He had 5 in October, which is surely not 'bad weather'. In the playoffs vs Cinci in 'actual' bad weather he led his team to victory with great numbers (and then took his team deep in the playoffs).

Chad Henne was a first year starter last year. You can look at single game stats all day but their QB situations are much better than ours, they had better drafts, they picked up actual free agents (not the Raiders' and Chiefs' trash).

He had 5 in October, which is surely not 'bad weather'. In the playoffs vs Cinci in 'actual' bad weather he led his team to victory with great numbers (and then took his team deep in the playoffs).

Chad Henne was a first year starter last year. You can look at single game stats all day but their QB situations are much better than ours, they had better drafts, they picked up actual free agents (not the Raiders' and Chiefs' trash).

Sanchez threw for 182 yards and 1 TD in the Wild Card game, wow, he really lit up the Bengals. It was more like the Jets have a great defense.

So Dwan Edwards and Andra Davis are chumps? What FA did we pick up from the Chiefs?

Since you're a Jets & Dolphins fan, why don't you back to their sites and stay on there since you're in love with both teams.

Sanchez threw for 182 yards and 1 TD in the Wild Card game, wow, he really lit up the Bengals. It was more like the Jets have a great defense.

He performed admirably for a rookie in a "COLD WEATHER SITUATION" where "HE'S A CALIFORNIA BOY HURR HURR..."

So Dwan Edwards and Andra Davis are chumps? What FA did we pick up from the Chiefs?

Dwan Edwards failed two physicals. I forgot we didn't sign Wade Smith :worthy: Andra Davis didn't get resigned by the Browns, I'm sure he'll do fine here riding the bench.

Since you're a Jets & Dolphins fan, why don't you back to their sites and stay on there since you're in love with both teams.

You need to take a step back and look at what you're saying here. You're being totally flippant. I'm sorry your view is not realistic, but you're not providing any real statistics or smart arguments - you're just flying off the handle into superfan-zubaz mode. I realize most media outlets are shunned here since "they just don't understand the Bills... If they were so smart, they'd be NFL scouts! HURR HURR" but I'd suggest listening to NFL Radio on Sirius sometime, you'll become a better fan and step up past that blind "IF YOU AIN'T WITH US YER AGAINST US!" level.

He performed admirably for a rookie in a "COLD WEATHER SITUATION" where "HE'S A CALIFORNIA BOY HURR HURR..."

Dwan Edwards failed two physicals. I forgot we didn't sign Wade Smith :worthy: Andra Davis didn't get resigned by the Browns, I'm sure he'll do fine here riding the bench.

You need to take a step back and look at what you're saying here. You're being totally flippant. I'm sorry your view is not realistic, but you're not providing any real statistics or smart arguments - you're just flying off the handle into superfan-zubaz mode. I realize most media outlets are shunned here since "they just don't understand the Bills... If they were so smart, they'd be NFL scouts! HURR HURR" but I'd suggest listening to NFL Radio on Sirius sometime, you'll become a better fan and step up past that blind "IF YOU AIN'T WITH US YER AGAINST US!" level.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/03/16/w...rs-are-quality/

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/03/17/e...felt-in-b-more/

The articles speak for themselves. There are some good analysts on Sirius radio, but just like most football announcers, they bash Buffalo because Buffalo has been bad for 10 years and didn't fill (in their minds) the 2 biggest holes in the draft (LT & QB). I like that Nix & Gailey are bringing in a ton of people to compete for jobs, that will make everyone work harder. How many times did we see Jauron play the wrong guy and it took injury for the better player to get on the field? I like the new approach.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/03/16/w...rs-are-quality/

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/03/17/e...felt-in-b-more/

The articles speak for themselves. There are some good analysts on Sirius radio, but just like most football announcers, they bash Buffalo because Buffalo has been bad for 10 years and didn't fill (in their minds) the 2 biggest holes in the draft (LT & QB). I like that Nix & Gailey are bringing in a ton of people to compete for jobs, that will make everyone work harder. How many times did we see Jauron play the wrong guy and it took injury for the better player to get on the field? I like the new approach.

At some point Buffalo idealists (and hell, I'm an idealist, but maybe I'm just disillusioned with the whole Chan Gailey signing when we could have gotten someone so much better) are going to realize that every single other person besides them can't be wrong. I really would love to see some Buffalo idealists tell me what they think of Denver's Tebow move. Hell, none of us are NFL scouts, so we can't be right at all can we?

It isn't even "in their minds" regarding the two biggest holes. We still don't have a QB that could start anywhere else in the league, we still don't have a LT and they haven't made any effort to get one besides the thrown bone in the 5th round. We do however have three starting halfbacks!

Geez dude, you are assuming already that this past draft is a bust? :worthy:

I understand your doubt based on this teams past performance, but I think we at least need to give this "new" regime a chance before declaring them losers :wallbash:

At some point Buffalo idealists (and hell, I'm an idealist, but maybe I'm just disillusioned with the whole Chan Gailey signing when we could have gotten someone so much better) are going to realize that every single other person besides them can't be wrong. I really would love to see some Buffalo idealists tell me what they think of Denver's Tebow move. Hell, none of us are NFL scouts, so we can't be right at all can we?

It isn't even "in their minds" regarding the two biggest holes. We still don't have a QB that could start anywhere else in the league, we still don't have a LT and they haven't made any effort to get one besides the thrown bone in the 5th round. We do however have three starting halfbacks!

I understand why Nix & Gailey are giving the 3 QB's and the O-line a chance this year. Last year, Jauron wanted a dulled down, pop-warner type offense, Schonert & Langston Walker get fired 10 days before the start of the season and the QB coach was thrown in 10 days before the start of the season as the Offensive Coordinator. That's not to say that these guys get a free pass, but they are given some leeway given the circumstances of last year. I looked back at Butler/Smith/Nix's first draft in SD and they drafted an OT in the 5th & 7th rounds as well, so it looks like Nix is following that pattern. If Nix can duplicate that success in SD here in Buffalo, then a lot of fans will be very happy.

I understand why Nix & Gailey are giving the 3 QB's and the O-line a chance this year. Last year, Jauron wanted a dulled down, pop-warner type offense, Schonert & Langston Walker get fired 10 days before the start of the season and the QB coach was thrown in 10 days before the start of the season as the Offensive Coordinator. That's not to say that these guys get a free pass, but they are given some leeway given the circumstances of last year. I looked back at Butler/Smith/Nix's first draft in SD and they drafted an OT in the 5th & 7th rounds as well, so it looks like Nix is following that pattern. If Nix can duplicate that success in SD here in Buffalo, then a lot of fans will be very happy.

Did he draft a halfback in the first round when there were other glaring needs that could have been filled and they already had two starting halfbacks?

My prediction for the 2010 Bills is that we will lose with much more heart and determination than last years version. Early on the team will set false hopes that we will be an average team but midway we will lose a 20 point lead and the team will fold for the rest of the season. Hopefully, we will be rewarded with one of the first 3 draft picks in 2011. Then if we are real lucky, there will be a lockout and no football for an entire season. Again we select a top three pick in 2012. Finally, in 2012 we will emerge as an average team and we will all beat our chests and proclaim that life is good. But one can only dream

Did he draft a halfback in the first round when there were other glaring needs that could have been filled and they already had two starting halfbacks?

He drafted some RB named Tomlinson in the first round. I don't know, how did LT do in SD? (sarcasm)

Let's look at the Bills 2 starting RB's:

Lynch, is one problem away from being suspended for a whole season. While Lynch is a bruising RB that keeps his feet moving upon initial contact and is a good red zone threat, he has a poor field of vision which is evident by Lynch constantly running into the back of his linemen. His biggest problem already stated, has been his run-ins with the law, one more time and he will be likely suspended anywhere from 8-16 games by Roger Goodell.

Jackson, a feel good story here, a Division III guy that busted his butt to make it to the NFL. Jackson is very good in open field (between the 20's) and is a very good receiving option. Downsides, he's 29 and he's not a good red zone threat. In 2008 he had 3 rushing TD's, in 2009 he had 2 rushing TD's and 2 receiving TD's.

With the comparsions of Spiller to Chris Johnson already, I think it was a great move to get Spiller now. Jackson will not be around in 5 years (due to age) and I expect Lynch to be out of here as well. I'm not saying Spiller is going to have the same production as Johnson, but if he comes close, that will be much more production than the Bills could get from Lynch & Jackson.

I think we'll finally win the superbowl this year. We have a a real hall of famer coming at at right tackle (green) and Demetrius Bell has the hang of it for left tackle. clearly we have the best offensive line in the AFL. Levi Brown is a stud and will be right up there with Marino and Rothlesberger taking us to the bowl in his first season. I love the idea of getting rid of TO and Josh Reed which opens up positions for those great receivers we've been hiding on the bench and on the taxi squad to shine. Getting rid of Schobel by going to a 3-4 and bringing in all of those guys in the later rounds of the draft to fill out the defensive front seven was a stroke of genius. My only question is whether we will go undefeated and have a perfect season like the 72 Dolphins!

He drafted some RB named Tomlinson in the first round. I don't know, how did LT do in SD? (sarcasm)

The year before LT was drafted, SD had Jermaine Fazande and Terrell Fletcher. Together they rushed for about 600 yards. Definitely not two 1,000 yard backs :worthy: So in answer to my previous question,

No.