Is Nix that good??

JPS

6'6" 265 is undersized? I guess that's why I didn't get it. If they take JPP I'll eat my toilet.

04/13/2010 - Scouts don't question his upside, but tell me that Pierre-Paul is "at least" one year away from being a major contributor to an NFL team. He lacked the strength and toughness last year to provide much in terms of run defense for the Bulls and really disappointed at the Combine, struggling during interviews by showing very little understanding of basic football principles. Considering the value of pass rushers, scouts still thought Pierre-Paul would "probably" make the first round, but weren't certain what teams could afford to devote millions to such a project. "I wouldn't even use a second round pick on the guy," said one high ranking team official. "You see flashes, sure, but [the team that drafts him] had better keep things simple. Don't ask him to know gap assignments. Don't ask him to really play football. Just rush the passer." - Rob Rang, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com

sounds like a lock at #9

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to find good players, not just players good enough to start given your existing roster. Wood and Levitre played ok for rookies. But they don't grade on a curve in the NFL. They were 2/5's of an offensive line that couldn't move the ball in the air or on the ground. They need to take a big step forward this year and continue to get better or we will be looking to replace them soon enough.

Exactly

Terrence Pennington was another rookie starter drafted by Marv

He didn't even stay in the NFL more than 1 year

The Bills are forced to start these rookies because they create gaping holes on the roster.

Last year, the rookies had to start on the OL because the Bills had no other options (NONE) because they cut or traded away everyone else

looks like they may do it again this year when they trade Lynch and waste the #9 pick on his replacement while failing to improve the trenches

You have to find good players, not just players good enough to start given your existing roster. Wood and Levitre played ok for rookies. But they don't grade on a curve in the NFL. They were 2/5's of an offensive line that couldn't move the ball in the air or on the ground. They need to take a big step forward this year and continue to get better or we will be looking to replace them soon enough.

Umm, last I checked that albeit crap line still produced a 1,000 yard rusher. Those rooks also played with a different cast of charactors every week. Our interior line will be solid for years to come. Give credit where it's due - those were good picks.

Umm, last I checked that albeit crap line still produced a 1,000 yard rusher. Those rooks also played with a different cast of charactors every week. Our interior line will be solid for years to come. Give credit where it's due - those were good picks.

you do realize that to reach 1000 yards you need to generate a whopping 62.5 yards per game

not exactly a high bar you've set there, ace

when you spend 1st and 2nd round picks on guards, they need to dominate to make the pick worthwhile because you passed on true impact playmakers to make the picks.

for a team without any OTs, they needed to spend one of those premium picks on an elite athlete able to play LT and handle premier pass rushers by himself.