The more I think about it the more I'm starting to believe

Thomas is supposedly the best blocking WR in the draft and Chansaw wants a power running game. According to TSN he's also the best with release and RAC. Since he's a guy Chansaw recruited, I'm assuming, it's a distinct possibility. I guess I wouldn't be too unhappy with the choice if all four of the best OT's and Derrick Morgan are off the board at Buffalo's pick. Even if they pass over one of those guys in favor of him I'd be ok with it if he turns out to be a pro bowler and they manage to pick up an OT and a NT capable of starting in the next two rounds.

We shall see, we shall see.

you don't reach for a raw WR because he's a good run blocker and gets off the line when you have the pressing issues that this team does. I know this guy is a physical beast, but he's a poor route runner at this point, and we have much more pressing needs.

I think dafting a WR anywhere before the 4th round would be a huge mistake. We need to solidify the trenches and QB then work our way out from there. WR is the least of our problems. Last year we had TO and Evans and got nowhere. In fact Josh Reed's stats as our #2 WR the previous year were very comparable to what TO did, if not better. I have faith in our front office for the first time in a long tome but drafting a WR early will put a dent in that faith, a huge one for that matter. We still have a couple of young receivers with potential in Johnson and Hardy. If Gailey is unwilling to give them a shot first then I have to question his methods as both of them have shown flashes in a horrible system, hell I'm shocked that Evans was able to do what little he did under the circumstances of Jauron and co.

FWIW I don't care if Bryant falls to us, a WR in the early rounds is a waste with as many glaring holes to fill. Jesus Christ could play flanker but if we have no LT/QB or running threat* it won't matter.

*I say that because the Lynch situation being up in the air as of right now.

I think dafting a WR anywhere before the 4th round would be a huge mistake. We need to solidify the trenches and QB then work our way out from there. WR is the least of our problems. Last year we had TO and Evans and got nowhere. In fact Josh Reed's stats as our #2 WR the previous year were very comparable to what TO did, if not better. I have faith in our front office for the first time in a long tome but drafting a WR early will put a dent in that faith, a huge one for that matter. We still have a couple of young receivers with potential in Johnson and Hardy. If Gailey is unwilling to give them a shot first then I have to question his methods as both of them have shown flashes in a horrible system, hell I'm shocked that Evans was able to do what little he did under the circumstances of Jauron and co.

FWIW I don't care if Bryant falls to us, a WR in the early rounds is a waste with as many glaring holes to fill. Jesus Christ could play flanker but if we have no LT/QB or running threat* it won't matter.

*I say that because the Lynch situation being up in the air as of right now.

I agree but I'm just saying it's a possibility due to Chansaw's familiarity with him. If they can trade back and get another pick in the second round then taking him in the first would be ok with me. Not the best choice IMO, but not a bad choice. I'd say it has a 25% chance of happening.

Also, if they don't draft a QB this year I won't care. I'd like LeFevour but the QB crop next year is supposed to be a lot better and getting the O line set for a rookie QB is a must IMO.

Where do these posts come from? It's not even that the poster is saying this is what he "wishes" we would do, which although crazy could be at least respected. He's saying he thinks this "is" whats going to happen the more he thinks about it. Wow.

Teh same place yore post did! Did you read back waht you siad befoer you hit add repyl?? It was moer confusoion than what I aim postnig now! Althouhg what I tyepd is crazie it cuold be at leats respceted!

I agree but I'm just saying it's a possibility due to Chansaw's familiarity with him. If they can trade back and get another pick in the second round then taking him in the first would be ok with me. Not the best choice IMO, but not a bad choice. I'd say it has a 25% chance of happening.

Also, if they don't draft a QB this year I won't care. I'd like LeFevour but the QB crop next year is supposed to be a lot better and getting the O line set for a rookie QB is a must IMO.

His first pick with the organization....the pick with which he will break the ice with, will not be this or any WR. Couple that with the history that says it's a tougher task for WR's to be impact players out of the gate....(Hardy as the latest for this franchise). Too risky, and the last thing he wants to be known for should it be a bust, is that he let quasi-chronyism lead his decision. Plus he would need to sell this to Nix and the others, namely Old Man Wilson.

The pick will either be a safe bet or Clausen. I think it will be a NT or OT. Safe pick. Or they trade down and grab Clausen (if he falls). Granted QB's are not "safe" picks either, but less critisism will come if they chose the second rated QB in the draft class.

For me, the O-line troubles, injuries, and the Butler retirement, make this a no brainer for an OT.

There's a far higher probability that they pick C. J. Spiller than Thomas IMO.

+ 1. This is 2.09 discussion.

The foot injury had dropped D Thomas. He probably would be the concessus #2 WR in the draft if not for the injury, he is still the # 2 on many boards.

30 days ago he was projected late 2nd round, now I see him late 1st on a few mocks to the Jets.

Any way you slice it he will never be drafted at 1.09.