trades

flabill

whats can the bills do to get back into the 1st round, or back into the top 15 of the 2nd round

Did I miss something...

the Bills are already in the first round and in the top 15 of round 2!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670

and would likely involve Kyle Williams, and/or Marsgawn, and definitely Draft picks this year and next. And with the depth in this class at almost every position, it only makes sense to trade down. Only scenario to trade up would be for Tebow, If Nix and company feel he is their guy.

whats can the bills do to get back into the 1st round, or back into the top 15 of the 2nd round

Trade Marshawn and Roscoe, Whitner, Kelsay or Schobel...and a 3rd or 4th.

I am not condoning trading ANY of those players, unless it is within the Bills' best interest.

IF we DO trade Lynch...I hope we can get Toby Gerhart AND Dexter McCluster.

IF we got a couple extra picks somehow...my dream draft would look like this...

1st (trade down) - NT Terrance Cody

2nd - QB Tim Tebow

2nd (gained in 1st round trade-down) - WR Demaryius Thomas

3rd - MLB Brandon Spikes

3rd (gained in Lynch+Parrish deal) - RB/WR/KR/PR Dexter McCluster

4th - RB/FB Toby Gerhart

4th (gained in Schobel trade) - LT Tony Washington

5th - WR Mike Williams or RT Sam Young or LT Jason Fox

6th - OLB Cameron Sheffield or OLB O'Brien Schofield or OLB Dexter Davis

7th - DE Clifton Geathers or NT DeMarcus Granger

* I traded our #9, down to #25-#32, where Cody would still be avilable...got back a 2nd.

* I traded Lynch, Kelsay and Parrish for a 3rd.

* I traded Schobel to the Texans or Cowboys for their 4th.

Trade Marshawn and Roscoe, Whitner, Kelsay or Schobel...and a 3rd or 4th.

I am not condoning trading ANY of those players, unless it is within the Bills' best interest.

IF we DO trade Lynch...I hope we can get Toby Gerhart AND Dexter McCluster.

IF we got a couple extra picks somehow...my dream draft would look like this...

1st (trade down) - NT Terrance Cody

2nd - QB Tim Tebow

2nd (gained in 1st round trade-down) - WR Demaryius Thomas

3rd - MLB Brandon Spikes

3rd (gained in Lynch+Parrish deal) - RB/WR/KR/PR Dexter McCluster

4th - RB/FB Toby Gerhart

4th (gained in Schobel trade) - LT Tony Washington

5th - WR Mike Williams or RT Sam Young or LT Jason Fox

6th - OLB Cameron Sheffield or OLB O'Brien Schofield or OLB Dexter Davis

7th - DE Clifton Geathers or NT DeMarcus Granger

* I traded our #9, down to #25-#32, where Cody would still be avilable...got back a 2nd.

* I traded Schobel to the Texans or Cowboys for their 4th.

i can't imagine much anything better than this. although as much as i would love to have mike williams i would prefer young or fox in the 5th, and grab naaman roosevelt in the 7th if he's there.

What team is going to take on that much salary with that little production and still give up a 3rd round pick??? They could trade their 2nd and 3rd round pick and get back into the bottom of the 1st round. Or their 3rd and 4th and get into the bottom of the 2nd like last year.

Did I miss something...

the Bills are already in the first round and in the top 15 of round 2!

They mean to get back in as pick a 2nd time in the first round...I think the arguement most people make is for either a

QB or a OT in the first round. I think that moving back to mid-first round allows you to draft Clausen as your QB and one of the following OT's ie: Brian Bulaga, Trent Williams, Anthony Davis, and maybe one or two other. I agree with the idea

of moving back into the first and the Bills have done it quite often in the past decade. At least a few times that I can think of...It all comes down to what you have to give up to do so. Automatically your 2nd round pick is part of the trade. It probably would require your 3rd or 4th round pick this year as well. It would probably cost you one more pick either this year or next year in your later rounds or a player instead of a late round pick. Pretty substantial compensation for moving

up about 20-25 picks, but that's how it goes if you got a player you covet at a certain position and want that player badly enough. I could see the Bills moving up in the 15-25 range and trading their 2nd round pick, M. Lynch, and a 4th round pick this year to do so.