Michael Steele playing the race card

I haven't figured out if he's being an idiot for going down that road, or smart for making people roll their eyes at the ease with which racism is being blamed for everything.

I'm going with idiot.

"GOP Chairman Michael Steele shouldn’t blame criticism of his actions on race, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said Monday."

I'll go with idiot, too...but all the same, you've got to love the irony of the above quote. <_<

"GOP Chairman Michael Steele shouldn’t blame criticism of his actions on race, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said Monday."

I'll go with idiot, too...but all the same, you've got to love the irony of the above quote. :thumbsup:

Ya, well, that goes without saying.

I'll go with idiot, too...but all the same, you've got to love the irony of the above quote. :thumbsup:

Which was kind of my point. Say what you want about this administration, it's pretty clear that it's about as thin-skinned as you can get. It's easy to chide them into smartass comments, and for Gibbs to mock the racism criticism sets him up for the next time anyone in the administration yells "RACISM!" But again, I don't think Steele is smart enough to think that far ahead.

Still, he may as well just keep being the lightning rod for GOP criticism. The problem he faces is that people are less likely to donate to the GOP, but you don't need Steele's idiocy to make that happen. It's pretty clear these days that donations from the right are more candidate-specific than ever, which I think is a very good thing.

“I think Michael Steele’s problem isn’t the race card, it’s the credit card,” Gibbs added.

:lol::thumbsup:

I don't know what's more pathetic in this thread,

Michael Steele's idiocy, Gibbs unique ability to utter an ironic faux pas or Rfeynman giving the thumbs up to something Gibbs said. :lol: