Inside Gailey & Nix's mind

JustMaxx

Considering Gailey's 'offensive' mind, and he will be calling his own plays, theres a certain, confidence, maybe even cockyness that comes with that decision to call ur own plays. I can see him saying "I can improve the offense just by myself". In saying that, I feel this draft will be all about defense. He and Nix wants to stack and improve the defense personel wise, bc they feel the offense will be better coaching wise (jaurons offensive mind was terrible). Maybe he even thinks he can turn trash to treasure with our crop of QB's.

This is all my opinion, but i can see most of our picks being defense early. OLB, NT,DE, more LB's later...Maybe one LT in the top 4 picks... I kno Gailey said he wants a scatback, but those can be found in the later rounds...thoughts?

Considering Gailey's 'offensive' mind, and he will be calling his own plays, theres a certain, confidence, maybe even cockyness that comes with that decision to call ur own plays. I can see him saying "I can improve the offense just by myself". In saying that, I feel this draft will be all about defense. He and Nix wants to stack and improve the defense personel wise, bc they feel the offense will be better coaching wise (jaurons offensive mind was terrible). Maybe he even thinks he can turn trash to treasure with our crop of QB's.

This is all my opinion, but i can see most of our picks being defense early. OLB, NT,DE, more LB's later...Maybe one LT in the top 4 picks... I kno Gailey said he wants a scatback, but those can be found in the later rounds...thoughts?

you could argue the other way and say look what I could do if I get some toys.

should be fun three weeks away

You could be right, it remains to be seen...but I couldn't let your blog go by without dispute..

I think we will go more heavy on the Offensive side of the ball..I know for sure that our first 2 priorities should be OLT and QB !! I am not looking for anyone's agreement..it's just my personal feeling that we don't have a decent left tackle period.

The QB may or may not be a high pick depending on their guy, but I'll bet the farm that they will select one! I also am sure that they will go for a WR with little doubt. They claim that they want a scat back so maybe a RB will be in the mix as well if that's not just a smokescreen. I do agree that they desperately need a NT, and some LB's as well. I would be a little

p/o'd if they picked a DE high in the draft because they picked Maybe Maybin last year and Chris Ellis the year before in the capacity of DE's and so far they struck out! There are only so many selections they have and here is my preferences:

Round #1 OLT

2 QB

3 NT

4 WR

5 OLB

6 LB

6 WR (I'm not sure thought we might have a 2nd 6th rounder?)

7 DE

I think the Bills will likely do some trading up and down in this draft like Cleveland did last year to pick up additional picks, but here's what I think with what we have to work with. Looks like a even O / D split in selections with higher picks mostly for the Offense!

You could be right, it remains to be seen...but I couldn't let your blog go by without dispute..

I think we will go more heavy on the Offensive side of the ball..I know for sure that our first 2 priorities should be OLT and QB !! I am not looking for anyone's agreement..it's just my personal feeling that we don't have a decent left tackle period.

The QB may or may not be a high pick depending on their guy, but I'll bet the farm that they will select one! I also am sure that they will go for a WR with little doubt. They claim that they want a scat back so maybe a RB will be in the mix as well if that's not just a smokescreen. I do agree that they desperately need a NT, and some LB's as well. I would be a little

p/o'd if they picked a DE high in the draft because they picked Maybe Maybin last year and Chris Ellis the year before in the capacity of DE's and so far they struck out! There are only so many selections they have and here is my preferences:

Round #1 OLT

2 QB

3 NT

4 WR

5 OLB

6 LB

6 WR (I'm not sure thought we might have a 2nd 6th rounder?)

7 DE

I think the Bills will likely do some trading up and down in this draft like Cleveland did last year to pick up additional picks, but here's what I think with what we have to work with. Looks like a even O / D split in selections with higher picks mostly for the Offense!

two 6th's and two 7th's.

We have had two many interviews with quartebacks not to draft one

Mccoy, Tebow, Skeleton, im sure weve talked with pike and snead and prolly bradford too

I've read somewhere that the Bills only have one QB with a first round grade, Bradford.

Tebow seems to be the front runner with Kelly's blessings, but the guy will need a year or so to develop as a pocket QB. I just don't see the guy effective in the NFL running a wildcat/option offense simply because he can't compete as a top RB. Not as fast or elusive as Michael Vick, Vince Young.

The guy has shown tremendous heart and desire to win and succeed as a QB, Mike Mayock is sold on him and that is good enough for me.

I think you make a very good observation. It seems that the present administration believes that all it takes is a little coaching to make our existing offense viable. I disagree, and think coaching is the least of our problems. If he's thinking he's going to coach the existing offensive line into a quality pass protection scheme, and coach Trent Edwards into a playoff contending QB, I think he's delusional. But hey...let's wait and see.